ITX case for new build

Awesome, post a build log once done if you don’t mind, it’s a fun way to brag about your (lack of) mad build skills :wink: Plus great for inspiration for those of us still dreaming about the ultimate SFF box!

Nice, definitely post a build log.

I love Sliger cases.

Will do. I did some fitting today and found out that the AsRock X570D4I-2T has a fatal flaw, in that the front panel header is in line with the PCIe slot, so if you have a card that goes longer than the slot length it will not fit properly. Going to need to solder some front panel extension leads on the back of the motherboard this weekend most likely and redo the front panels wire as I kinda crushed/exposed some of the leads of the built in one lol

So far the only complaint I have about the Sliger S610 is if you purchase the Asetek 240mm AIO and Noctua NF-A12x25’s they don’t come with a set of screws to connect said fan to the radiator. Kind of annoying, but nothing I can’t get from the hardware store later

1 Like

So after spending 2 hours trying to solder 2 wires onto the back of this motherboard, I decided to actually compare the jumper of this power button that came with the case and some of the ones in the junk computer pile I got lying around. Turns out that the Dell Optiplex SFF have super low profile headers, so another 30 minutes and 2 soldered wires later, I have a functioning power button that shouldn’t get completely crushed by the GPU now. Gonna finish building this likely tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK. SO. Just as a heads up, the Sliger S610’s GPU dimensions are not the dimensions that your card should be. They are the absolute dimensions of the slot where the GPU can go. This is important because A) You need to take into account GPU length being about 20mm shorter to actually fit in the case, and B) The GPU needs about another 10mm of height to make room for the PCIe connectors.

I’m salty, but at least the PC will be well cooled now :expressionless:

7 Likes

Oof, I would have completely overlooked that as well. :confused:

Tough luck with the GPU dimensions. I noticed this thread kind of late. I recently transitioned into a Small Form Factor PC and over in the /r/SFFPC subreddit, one of the most popular cases is the 14.6L SSUPD Meshlicious. I got that case and am very happy with it so far. I had a giant Full ATX Tower Cooler Master Sniper from 2011 up until recently and decided to just shift to an ITX build.

I wanted to keep as much as possible of my old build that I upgraded a few months back and apart from the given motherboard switch I wanted to salvage my AIO and PSU as well.

My final specs wound up being

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 64 GB (2 x32 GB) 3200 CL16
AIO: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240
Motherboard: MSI B550i Gaming Edge Max Wifi
SSD: 2TB XPG Gammix S70 2 TB
GPU: EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
PSU: ATX Seasonic Focus GX-850W with Cablemod cables
Case: SSUPD Meshlicious with PCIe 3.0 riser cable

Apart from the board and case rest are from my previous build that was on the MSI X570 Tomahawk.

I ended up getting the Sliger S620, which oddly has the correct wording for GPU slot dimensions being card fitment rather than slot fitment. An expensive mistake :T

3 Likes

Very cool, glad you were able to resolve that issue. I’ve learned that too when moving to an ITX build, you’ll need to plan every single mm in advance. Right now I need to get rid of so much extra cable with those cablemod cables. I didn’t want to get rid of them as I really like them when compared to the stock cables of the PSU.

Maybe one day when I get the time and courage to take on that project.

Sliger makes incredible cases. I am still impressed with mine on a daily basis.

2 Likes

They got a great new rack mount line up coming soon

1 Like

Fricken AMEN to that! OTOH, that is what is so fun with SFF as opposed to regular ATX cases - Especially when building custom loop ones! :slight_smile: I feel that SFF, SFF Watercooled and Full Size Rigid Tubing are the only really challenging PC builds left. And yeah, SFF category is < 10L, SFFW is < 15L and the last one is not size constrained at all :grin:

Ouch, I hope you got it resolved in the end. Sliger are awesome cases indeed, up there with J-Hack, Lazer3D and NCase. But as with all SFF, require a bit of thought put into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.