Return to Level1Techs.com

It's been a while since we've seen [user]

Just wanted to say that I Iike the advisory notes that are displayed above posts from folks who haven’t commented in a while. I think it a well-considered, low-key, yet constructive way to encourage folks to Be Nice™ to one-another.

Example:

Props to all those that made it happen.

4 Likes

It’s annoying as hell.
Need to be removed asap, it’s some Facebook level shit.
At least an option turn it off.

But that’s not happening with vision™

5 Likes

I’ve noticed that it can be hit or miss. At least twice someone with a new account posted something and they didn’t have the banner pop up for them.

0 Likes

Nut sure if you’re being sarcastic.

I’m in the middle somewhere. I can see how it’s intended nicely. But i also am not sure if i like my habits and frequency of browsing a forum to be announced publicly.

I agree that an option to turn this off would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Discourse is the root of all that is Evil™ and perpetuate the stereotype that Ruby devs are trash.

3 Likes

Nope.

2 Likes

That would take away the Mandatory Fun and (((inclusion))) the Discourse filth are striving for.

2 Likes

Absolute state of discourse.

1 Like

As a non native English speaker, this conversation is a little hard to follow, as i might be missing the subtleties (or lack thereof) of the irony or not.

What ever. If the point is, that the Forum Software is trash (which is a simplified version of what i gathered from the discussion so far) i’d only partly agree.
I think this forum is overall well structured, easy to navigate and responsive. I miss a “go home” button when scrolled down in a thread. But other than that, I have no major gripes with the forums here.
But then again, i wouldn’t consider myself a poweruser and i have no clue how the “admin” or backend stuff looks. So…

2 Likes

Click the house

2 Likes

I think he means a return to first post button

0 Likes

Holy crap, how has this never occured to me. I alway clicked the title and the on the “Level1Techs” Logo on the Top.
You just made my life here infinitly better. Thank you good sir.

4 Likes

Oh never mind. Lol

1 Like

Nah, for that you can click on the title of this thread.

1 Like

Getting new useless features like mentioned in op, but not getting

increases my salt levels to critical tho.

1 Like

I’m mostly (67%) sarcasm and joking :wink:

However, I think Discourse gives Ruby a bad and good name.

0 Likes

Pretty sure the dark color scheme under material design is what’s installed by default now … …

2 Likes

Is it available to us though ?
Can’t see it in our settings -

0 Likes

Hmm, thought it was there. I’ll poke at it

3 Likes

Also if we can get the don’t jump to my post after reply option back would be cool.

PLEASE

3 Likes