I’ll be using:
- Ryzen 2700x
- 2 GPU’s (Probably RX580, and something else)
- Maybe a water cooler in the future
Use cases will be:
- lots of “business/workstation” multitasking, including software development.
- IOMMU GPU passthrough (for 3D architecture software in windows, not gaming)
- 4x displays (1440p, and 1080p)
- video editing
- “Just for fun” crypto mining during off hours
Things I care about “Just working” ( Assuming up to date modern linux kernel ):
- Fan control
- Fan speed monitoring
- CPU, vrm, and all other temp sensors
- Onboard networking
- Stable, non buggy BIOS.
Things I don’t care about:
- RGB anything, or asthetics at all
- bleeding edge overclocking
What motherboards do you suggest, and why? Or alternatively are there any boards or brands I should avoid based on my goals?