It is official. The mining craze has hit full crazy. A dead card sold on ebay for near MSRP

I don't really know what to say. I guess if you bake it in an oven that might fix it, but highly doubtful.

What were these people thinking? Are the coolers somehow worth it alone? Definitely not.

2 Likes

Could this be the work of bots auto bidding?

3 Likes

I'd buy a dead card for a coaster but I wouldn't pay more than 50 for it

1 Like

If that's the case, they bothered to make a bot to auto-bid and didn't limit it to used/new items? That's such an easy thing to test for. It'd be hilarious if it was buying up broken cards like this all because of a lack of foresight when it was programmed.

Question? Dafuq did I miss I have a MSI RX480 8gb with Reference Model in my current Setup. Whats so special about it?

Sweet hashing speed and low power usage in a small form.

I am a total noob when it comes to cryptocurrencies and so on but could this be true?

Yup, that's roughly what I'm getting from a single 1070 which does little over 25MH

Can I have some of that money off your money tree?

1 Like

No, I need it to fund my crippling addiction to obscure coasters

3 Likes

I'll sell you a 560 and 760, both dead for $100?
I'll throw in an 8600 GT for free
I think that one functions

Dammit Vega.. hurry up! If I could get 200 for my blower 480 8GB I'll be a happy camper.

I want current gen corpses

Almost definitely a bot.

It may filter for new or used via an API, but checking for broken cards might be a bit tricky because ebay doesn't have a field for it except for description and title. And since that can be worded a thousand ways... kinda hard :slight_smile:

The Item Condition is a drop down menu with the following options:

Of course you can describe the condition further, but those are always one of those options. Of those options, only "For parts or not working" means "doesn't work".

1 Like

Oh ok didn't know that, haven't used ebay for ages :smiley:

And now

1 Like