Issues with Manjaro KDE and multi-GPU config

To get it out of the way, here’s my system specs

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Gigabyte Auros Elite AX V2
32GB 3600 mhz CL16 RAM from Gskill
AMD Radeon 6700XT (for primary display/gaming)
AMD Radeon Pro W5500 (for secondary displays)
Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB (Manjaro boot drive)
Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB (Windows boot drive)
2x Dell U2515H monitors.

Currently I have two displays setup with a third on the way, my main monitor runs off the 6700 XT and the secondary display runs off the W5500 so the GPU doesn’t waste any power rendering it. When the monitor that is connected to the W5500 is set as the “primary” display in Manjaro everything works great. But when the display connected to the 6700XT is set as the primary the UI gets extremely laggy. It doesn’t effect every single program the same, things like my terminal and the KDE menu get extremely laggy, slack gets a little laggy, and chrome is uneffected. But the things that are laggy are so laggy that I just can’t use the computer. The most recent time this happened it took me nearly 15 minutes just to open display config and reset the primary display because it is that slow. Setting the W5500 powered display back as the primary completely resolves this issue, and it’s really only an ongoing thing because Manjaro also sometimes forgets my display configuration and sets the 6700XT monitor back as the main display. Possibly important note, it does not matter which monitor the laggy window is on, it does not suddenly fix it self if I move the window to the W5500 powered monitor nor are things laggy on the 6700 XT powered monitor when the W5500 monitor is the primary.

This issue was not present in Ubuntu when I was using that, nor is it present in Windows. The Manjaro install I am currently running was installed with all hardware in the system, I didn’t add the 6700 XT after install or anything.

Some additional info

06:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 14 [Radeon Pro W5500]
Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 0b0c
Kernel driver in use: amdgpu
Kernel modules: amdgpu

0b:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 22 [Radeon RX 6700/6700 XT / 6800M] (rev c1)
Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 232d
Kernel driver in use: amdgpu
Kernel modules: amdgpu

Try using Wayland. Multi-GPU multi monitor is very broken on X11.

If it’s trying to use Xwayland, you still haven’t gotten rid of X11. You need to run native Wayland for Multi-GPU multi monitor to I think work.

Oh is it really that simple? I installed wayland and switched to it and now I can’t select a primary display but there’s no lag. I’ll give this a shot for a bit. Think I was getting to specific when I was trying to google for solutions, I just kind of assumed it was because the GPUs didn’t match. Thank you!

Use native Wayland, not Xwayland. Double check that it’s native Wayland.

There is no primary with Wayland because on wayland it’s all one screen. However from what one of the devs told me this is a tad bit of a draw back. Think of it like a traditional X11 config with Xinerama…but your cards aren’t matched. I.e. your best GPU is now dragged down by your crappiest.

On top of this Wayland is acting like a frame buffer traffic director so now on top of this some GPU’s just get handed the frame buffer wayland rendered on the “main” GPU and passed to the other GPU to display on a given output. i.e. GPU sitting there doing nothing while it dumps it’s lack of effort on to the primary card. No more task segregation, just $1000GPU’s lined up just passing notes rather than doing any work…It’s like a highschool group project…the smart kid does all the work while the others sit around picking their noses being useless until they are handed something from the smart kid.

On X every DE I’ve tried is completely F&*ed for Multi now. Even a single GPU with an XScreen per output will be broken. Thanks to GTK and a few other things they aren’t even trying to enumerate XScreens. It’s hard coded to ONE and when you launch anything outside the root XScreen you’re in the wild west…I mean crash land…I mean in the closet with the uncle no one wants to leave you alone with.

I’ve been running Multi GPU since the days when PCI wasn’t even a thing. This transition is like being dumped back in the stone ages! Think 3 E/ISA cards…then 2 ISA 1 PCI… then 2PCI and 1 AGP…etc etc etc.

I’ve been dealing with similar multi-gpu issues.
There are some options with X11.

You can do Prime or Reverse Prime. Which is similar to the way Wayland does it where one GPU handles all the work and the other GPU is a glorified monitor connector.

At least with Prime on X11 you can still sort of use the non-primary GPU but with severely gimped performance because at that point I think its copying to buffer twice or something like that.

It also just doesn’t work with some applications where trying to use the other GPU to for example run browser hardware acceleration will just fail and fallback to software.

If you have a Nvidia GPU paired with an AMD one and the AMD card is the main GPU and you want to use proprietary drivers then you are screwed because Nvidia is gona Nivida and won’t work in that Reverse Prime scenario. Nouveau drivers have no problem doing this but what are you going to do about it heh.

One other option is to run each card a separate X screen which only really maybe sort of works if you use either Awesome or Xfce4 because most of the other window managers don’t care at all about screens and just break. For example with Kwin in KDE Plasma trying to open something on the second X Screeen (DISPLAY=:0.1 xterm) just crashes Kwin. The great thing about it though is that there is no buffer sharing so each GPU can do its own thing.

Most window managers seemingly dropped support for multi-screen set ups in favor of garbage like Prime, which really sucks.

As for the KDE Plasma taskbar lag I’ve experienced it too, Kwin doesn’t work well in just about any multi-screen scenario Prime or separate X screens.
You could try switching to KwinFT for your window manager which at least doesn’t crash with separate X screens I don’t know if it helps at all with taskbar lag.

Hate to say it but you might just have to switch to a different DE if you want to use multiple screens because KDE Plasma is just terrible with it.

So I guess this means Linus and Luke are using the wrong DEs (Cinnamon and KDE) for multi-monitor. They honestly need to abandon multi-monitor as a result, not try to work around it.

I have Primary display connected to 6800XT (4k) and a 1080p display connected to the onboard APU and haven’t experienced any sort of laggy issues like this. However I’m using ArcoLinux-B install so perhaps its a configuration issue, or APU’s are immune to the problem.

The lag issue mostly happens if you set the display connected to the non-primary GPU as the primary screen if that makes sense. And it only seems to affect the main panel I think if you create another panel and move it to either screen it doesn’t lag but I could be wrong.

One other thing I wanted to add after messing around with this issue some more is a suggestion for anyone else trying to do separate X screens. Tthe most compatible solutions I found is to use xfce4 with openbox as the window manager. openbox is screen aware so you can run a second copy on additional screens.compton(picom) with the -b parameter will happily coexist with xfce4 and openbox and its also screen aware and can be used on multiple screens for compositing/transparency.

KDE Plasma might even work in this configuration however in my setup depending on which card is the primary it won’t get past the login screen. Probably most DEs that allow switching the window manager can do this.

Well the whole “one big screen” thing certainly explains why Yakuake is behaving the way it is since I switched to Wayland. I have 3 monitors, 1 horizontal, and 2 vertical. When I open Yakuake on the horizontal monitor it doesn’t take up 50% of the vertical height like it’s supposed to, it must be rendering the top portion of the terminal that’s getting cut off in that hidden space since my other monitors make the “top” of that single virtual monitor off my actual screen

Wayland is a trash heap for multiGPU just a massive waste of processing power.

I kinda have fixed this by holding my XFCE back to 4.12 just as they were starting to break everything. I’ve been playing with moving to something SUPER oldschool (ctwm) to offset this however I’ve found the lastest build of KDE (on Garuda) seems to be working now…despite being KDE…of which I’m not a fan.

The XFCE 4.12 release cycle saw many incremental breaks so my install isn’t 100% but neither is the current KDE. You will need small workarounds like a separate application for doing Desktops on the other GPU’s and things like terms and file explorers that behave. IIRC Kate and Dolphin where launching correctly now but I tend to use Sakura and SpaceFM as they play nice. I also use some keybind scripts (xdo fun) that launch things on the correct GPU/Screens.

Yeah Wayland/randr style set ups will have those blind spots for that reason…it is one giant chunk but if your screens don’t align pixel wise there are “dead spots.”

I’ve been screaming about this for a while but sadly a lot of FOSS stuff is taking that corporate approach to things where in they have this “vision” or “direction” and anything that doesn’t fit get ignored or discarded.

Gone are the days when things embrace modularity or user choice. Sadly because it’s open source when you talk about this stuff you get these idiotic rebuttals about “It’s open so you can fix it” but as I said, if you submit patches they are discarded for not fitting the “direction” of the project. Then they say “So fork it.” Yeah sorry last I checked forking a massive project like a full DE wasn’t on my “I have time for that.” list much less the skill to keep it up and deal with security issues etc. This stuff is too big to fork or fix by yourself.

I recently made the analogy about Open Source and these “Gnome”/“Mozilla” like organizations making idiotic decisions and how we’re powerless against them. Think of it like being at Sea in a life boat. Sure the CHOICE or DECISION to paddle is there…I mean it’s open source…but paddling in the middle of the ocean on a life boat isn’t really going to get you anywhere but tired, dehydrated and still at the mercy of the waters. We’re all being swept along as open source projects fight for that corporate funding and try to rival Microsh17 and crApple in “dictatorship”…I mean “direction.”

As an addendum for the “hard proof” people out there as to why most GTK based DE are now broken for a proper multi GPU set up…
" /* Previously, gdk_display_get_n_screens. Since Gtk 3.10, the number of screens is always 1. */"

As for why KDE’s compositor and such were freaking out, crashing or smearing windows previously I can’t say.

This is something that bothers me about switching to Linux, Wayland is suppose to be this future of rendering but the developers constantly shut down the idea of disabling v-sync because it goes against their vision of the perfect frame or something utterly moronic like that.

Ironically this is why I wanted to leave Windows in the first place, the way DWM is integrated into Windows 8 onward is just awful. And unfortunately Wayland is repeating that mistake. No ability to disable compositing and if you dare force the DWM off it breaks the Windows user interface.

On my dual GPU setup Wayland had two modes of functioning either only one monitor works or Wayland attempts to use both and crashes sending me back to the login screen. Not that it matters because I will never use it until it becomes possible to disable v-sync(probably never given how high the developers are on their own fumes in this case).

Don’t get me wrong I get that developing is a really hard thankless job, but the way Wayland development is going I have absolutely no hope for it as far as gaming goes and really anything latency sensitive.

Like you mentioned Wayland is so big making change is incredibly difficult even with something as common sense as let the user turn off v-sync.

I suppose the biggest obstacle here is that it seems the developers of Wayland don’t play video games much or at least nothing where latency really matters and seemingly nobody who develops DEs has a mutli-GPU/monitor configuration and in their minds its not worth supporting people who do despite these functionalities existing in the past.

1 Like

@Panzer just ignore Wayland then. I will NEVER run Wayland as long as it’s got this idiotic “Take all your $1000+ GPU’s and make them useless other than a few extra outputs” mentality. Just stick with X…though at this rate we’re going to have to assemble a team to create an ecosystem of applications that don’t continue down this “break everything because it’s trendy” road.

I’ve recently even had to hold xscreensaver…yup ever X Freaking Screensaver is now (as of build 6.02) anti multi-GPU/XScreen. I reported the bug and to my horror the dev is useless. He doesn’t know how to use X at all, and he doesn’t even run BSD/Linux/*nix…WTF!?

Hello thank you for inviting me here… i have kde/plasma installed in ubuntu and cannot currently re-install just kubuntu or manjaro… so i am trying to resolve these ongoing for months issues myself in order to stream live guitar again for many waiting fan friends… my issues seem to be from the kernel not updating

$ inxi
CPU: 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics (-MT
MCP-)
speed/min/max: 2974/1400/3800 MHz
Kernel: 5.13.0-25-lowlatency x86_64 Up: 3h 0m
Mem: 3583.8/31390.1 MiB (11.4%)
Storage: 3.86 TiB (3.4% used) Procs: 515 Shell: Bash
inxi: 3.3.06
sudo lshw
clock: 33MHz
*-pci:8
description: Host bridge
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 4
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD]
physical id: 108
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.4
version: 00
width: 32 bits
*-pci:9
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 5
physical id: 109
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.5
*-pci:10
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 6
physical id: 10a
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.6
*-pci:11
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 7
physical id: 10b
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.7
*-pnp00:00
product: PnP device PNP0c01
physical id: 2
capabilities: pnp
configuration: driver=system
*-pnp00:01
product: PnP device PNP0c02
physical id: 3
*-pnp00:02
product: PnP device PNP0b00
physical id: 4
configuration: driver=rtc_cmos
*-pnp00:03
physical id: 5
*-pnp00:04
physical id: 6
*-network
description: Ethernet interface
physical id: 1
bus info: [email protected]:2
logical name: enx36a8eba22807
serial: 36:a8:eb:a2:28:07
capabilities: ethernet physical
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ipheth driverversion=5.13.0-25-lowlatency link=no multicast=yes
WARNING: output may be incomplete or inaccurate, you should run this program as super-user.
[email protected]:~$ sudo lshw
[sudo] password for lightsight:
lightsight-500-054
description: Desktop Computer
product: System Product Name (SKU)
vendor: ASUS
version: System Version
serial: System Serial Number
width: 64 bits
capabilities: smbios-3.3.0 dmi-3.3.0 smp vsyscall32
configuration: boot=normal chassis=desktop family=To be filled by O.E.M. sku=SKU uuid=7F3E33A3-D102-DD86-2AA1-F02F74D109E8
*-core
description: Motherboard
product: ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
vendor: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
physical id: 0
version: Rev X.0x
serial: 210281118802132
slot: Default string
*-firmware
description: BIOS
vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
version: 2423
date: 08/10/2021
size: 64KiB
capacity: 16MiB
capabilities: pci apm upgrade shadowing cdboot bootselect socketedrom edd int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int13floppy2880 int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer acpi usb biosbootspecification uefi
*-memory
description: System Memory
physical id: 31
slot: System board or motherboard
size: 32GiB
*-bank:0
description: DIMM DDR4 Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered) 2133 MHz (0.5 ns)
product: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
vendor: Corsair
serial: 00000000
slot: DIMM_A1
size: 8GiB
clock: 2133MHz (0.5ns)
*-bank:1
slot: DIMM_A2
*-bank:2
slot: DIMM_B1
*-bank:3
slot: DIMM_B2
*-cache:0
description: L1 cache
physical id: 33
slot: L1 - Cache
size: 512KiB
capacity: 512KiB
clock: 1GHz (1.0ns)
capabilities: pipeline-burst internal write-back unified
configuration: level=1
*-cache:1
description: L2 cache
physical id: 34
slot: L2 - Cache
size: 4MiB
capacity: 4MiB
configuration: level=2
*-cache:2
description: L3 cache
physical id: 35
slot: L3 - Cache
size: 16MiB
capacity: 16MiB
configuration: level=3
*-cpu
description: CPU
product: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD]
physical id: 36
bus info: [email protected]
version: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics
serial: Unknown
slot: AM4
size: 2511MHz
capacity: 4672MHz
clock: 100MHz
capabilities: lm fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp x86-64 constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt tce topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb bpext perfctr_llc mwaitx cpb cat_l3 cdp_l3 hw_pstate ssbd mba ibrs ibpb stibp vmmcall fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid cqm rdt_a rdseed adx smap clflushopt clwb sha_ni xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 xsaves cqm_llc cqm_occup_llc cqm_mbm_total cqm_mbm_local clzero irperf xsaveerptr rdpru wbnoinvd arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold avic v_vmsave_vmload vgif v_spec_ctrl umip pku ospke vaes vpclmulqdq rdpid overflow_recov succor smca fsrm cpufreq
configuration: cores=8 enabledcores=8 threads=16
*-pci:0
product: Renoir/Cezanne Root Complex
physical id: 100
bus info: [email protected]:00:00.0
*-generic UNCLAIMED
description: IOMMU
product: Renoir/Cezanne IOMMU
physical id: 0.2
bus info: [email protected]:00:00.2
capabilities: msi ht bus_master cap_list
configuration: latency=0
description: PCI bridge
product: Renoir PCIe GPP Bridge
physical id: 1.1
bus info: [email protected]:00:01.1
capabilities: pci pm pciexpress msi ht normal_decode bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=pcieport
resources: irq:26 ioport:f000(size=4096) memory:fcd00000-fcefffff ioport:d0000000(size=270532608)
*-pci
product: Navi 10 XL Upstream Port of PCI Express Switch
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
bus info: [email protected]:01:00.0
version: c1
capabilities: pci pm pciexpress msi normal_decode bus_master cap_list
resources: irq:31 memory:fce00000-fce03fff ioport:f000(size=4096) memory:fcd00000-fcdfffff ioport:d0000000(size=270532608)
*-pci
product: Navi 10 XL Downstream Port of PCI Express Switch
bus info: [email protected]:02:00.0
resources: irq:32 ioport:f000(size=4096) memory:fcd00000-fcdfffff ioport:d0000000(size=270532608)
*-display UNCLAIMED
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Navi 10 [Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600 XT / 5700/5700 XT]
bus info: [email protected]:03:00.0
version: c1
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list
resources: memory:d0000000-dfffffff memory:e0000000-e01fffff ioport:f000(size=256) memory:fcd00000-fcd7ffff memory:c0000-dffff
*-multimedia
description: Audio device
product: Navi 10 HDMI Audio
physical id: 0.1
bus info: [email protected]:03:00.1
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=snd_hda_intel latency=0
resources: irq:139 memory:fcda0000-fcda3fff
*-pci:1
product: Renoir/Cezanne PCIe GPP Bridge
physical id: 2.1
bus info: [email protected]:00:02.1
resources: irq:27 memory:fc900000-fccfffff
*-usb
description: USB controller
product: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD]
bus info: [email protected]:04:00.0
capabilities: msi msix pm pciexpress xhci bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=xhci_hcd latency=0
resources: irq:35 memory:fcca0000-fcca7fff
*-usbhost:0
product: xHCI Host Controller
vendor: Linux 5.13.0-25-lowlatency xhci-hcd
logical name: usb1
version: 5.13
capabilities: usb-2.00
configuration: driver=hub slots=10 speed=480Mbit/s
*-usb:0
description: Keyboard
product: USB Keyboard
vendor: Chicony
bus info: [email protected]:1
version: 1.01
capabilities: usb-1.10
configuration: driver=usbhid maxpower=100mA speed=2Mbit/s
*-usb:1
description: Generic USB device
product: iPhone
vendor: Apple Inc.
version: 9.03
serial: 809c431c8b1f1bdfce37990d53e0fd4035faa02f
configuration: driver=ipheth maxpower=500mA speed=480Mbit/s
*-usb:2
description: Human interface device
product: AURA LED Controller
vendor: AsusTek Computer Inc.
bus info: [email protected]:6
version: 1.00
serial: 9876543210
configuration: driver=usbhid maxpower=16mA speed=12Mbit/s
*-usb:3
description: USB hub
product: USB2.0 Hub
vendor: Genesys Logic, Inc.
physical id: 7
bus info: [email protected]:7
version: 60.60
configuration: driver=hub maxpower=100mA slots=4 speed=480Mbit/s
*-usb:4
description: Mouse
product: USB Optical Mouse
vendor: Logitech
physical id: a
bus info: [email protected]:a
version: 43.01
configuration: driver=usbhid maxpower=100mA speed=2Mbit/s
*-usbhost:1
logical name: usb2
capabilities: usb-3.10
configuration: driver=hub slots=4 speed=10000Mbit/s
*-sata
description: SATA controller
bus info: [email protected]:04:00.1
capabilities: sata msi pm pciexpress ahci_1.0 bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=ahci latency=0
resources: irq:41 memory:fcc80000-fcc9ffff memory:fcc00000-fcc7ffff
*-pci
bus info: [email protected]:04:00.2
capabilities: pci msi pm pciexpress normal_decode bus_master cap_list
resources: iomemory:1f10-1f0f irq:34 memory:fc900000-fcbfffff
bus info: [email protected]:05:00.0
resources: irq:36
bus info: [email protected]:05:04.0
resources: irq:37 memory:fcb00000-fcbfffff
*-storage
description: Non-Volatile memory controller
bus info: [email protected]:07:00.0
capabilities: storage pm msix pciexpress nvm_express bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=nvme latency=0
resources: irq:35 memory:fcb00000-fcb03fff
*-nvme0
description: NVMe device
product: CT2000P5PSSD8
logical name: /dev/nvme0
version: P7CR402
serial: 21283043D763
configuration: nqn=nqn.2014-08.com.micron:nvme:nvm-subsystem-sn-21283043D763 state=live
*-namespace
description: NVMe namespace
logical name: /dev/nvme0n1
size: 1863GiB (2TB)
capabilities: partitioned partitioned:dos
configuration: logicalsectorsize=512 sectorsize=512 signature=31d46cf3
*-volume:0
description: EXT4 volume
vendor: Linux
logical name: /dev/nvme0n1p1
version: 1.0
serial: 487730ac-77a0-4e29-9059-41aafc521e55
size: 1831GiB
capacity: 1831GiB
capabilities: primary journaled extended_attributes large_files huge_files dir_nlink extents ext4 ext2 initialized
configuration: created=2022-01-07 12:22:57 filesystem=ext4 lastmountpoint=/media/lightsight/487730ac-77a0-4e29-9059-41aafc521e55 modified=2022-01-14 22:38:35 mounted=2022-01-14 22:38:35 state=clean
*-volume:1
description: Extended partition
logical name: /dev/nvme0n1p2
size: 31GiB
capacity: 31GiB
capabilities: primary extended partitioned partitioned:extended
*-logicalvolume
description: Linux swap volume
logical name: /dev/nvme0n1p5
version: 1
serial: ccc1b383-582d-4d72-9798-6a6eed510f8f
size: 31GiB
capacity: 31GiB
capabilities: nofs swap initialized
configuration: filesystem=swap pagesize=4096
*-pci:2
physical id: 8
bus info: [email protected]:05:08.0
resources: irq:38
*-pci:3
physical id: 9
bus info: [email protected]:05:09.0
resources: irq:40 memory:fc900000-fcafffff
*-network
product: Ethernet Controller I225-V
vendor: Intel Corporation
bus info: [email protected]:09:00.0
logical name: enp9s0
version: 03
serial: f0:2f:74:d1:09:e8
size: 1Gbit/s
capacity: 1Gbit/s
capabilities: pm msi msix pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=igc driverversion=5.13.0-25-lowlatency duplex=full firmware=1057:8754 ip=192.168.1.21 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=1Gbit/s
resources: irq:39 memory:fc900000-fc9fffff memory:fca00000-fca03fff
product: Renoir/Cezanne PCIe GPP Bridge
physical id: 2.2
bus info: [email protected]:00:02.2
resources: irq:28 memory:fcf00000-fcffffff
*-storage
description: Non-Volatile memory controller
bus info: [email protected]:0a:00.0
capabilities: storage pm msix pciexpress nvm_express bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=nvme latency=0
resources: irq:43 memory:fcf00000-fcf03fff
*-nvme1
description: NVMe device
product: CT2000P5PSSD8
logical name: /dev/nvme1
version: P7CR402
serial: 21283043D04F
configuration: nqn=nqn.2014-08.com.micron:nvme:nvm-subsystem-sn-21283043D04F state=live
*-namespace
description: NVMe namespace
logical name: /dev/nvme1n1
size: 1863GiB (2TB)
capabilities: partitioned partitioned:dos
configuration: logicalsectorsize=512 sectorsize=512 signature=21cfb470
*-volume
description: Linux swap / Solaris partition
logical name: /dev/nvme1n1p1
capacity: 1863GiB
capabilities: primary nofs
product: Renoir Internal PCIe GPP Bridge to Bus
physical id: 8.1
bus info: [email protected]:00:08.1
resources: irq:29 ioport:e000(size=4096) memory:fc500000-fc8fffff ioport:b0000000(size=270532608)
*-display UNCLAIMED
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Cezanne
bus info: [email protected]:0b:00.0
version: c8
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi msix vga_controller cap_list
resources: memory:b0000000-bfffffff memory:c0000000-c01fffff ioport:e000(size=256) memory:fc800000-fc87ffff
*-multimedia:0
product: Renoir Radeon High Definition Audio Controller
bus info: [email protected]:0b:00.1
resources: irq:141 memory:fc888000-fc88bfff
*-generic
description: Encryption controller
product: Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) Platform Security Processor
bus info: [email protected]:0b:00.2
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi msix bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=ccp latency=0
resources: irq:35 memory:fc700000-fc7fffff memory:fc88c000-fc88dfff
product: Renoir/Cezanne USB 3.1
physical id: 0.3
bus info: [email protected]:0b:00.3
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi msix xhci bus_master cap_list
resources: irq:39 memory:fc600000-fc6fffff
logical name: usb3
configuration: driver=hub slots=4 speed=480Mbit/s
product: 2.4G Wireless Receiver
vendor: Nordic
version: 2.00
capabilities: usb-1.10
configuration: driver=usbhid maxpower=100mA speed=12Mbit/s
description: USB hub
vendor: Microchip Technology, Inc. (formerly SMSC)
version: 1.82
capabilities: usb-2.01
configuration: driver=hub maxpower=2mA slots=4 speed=480Mbit/s
*-usb
product: AudioFuse
vendor: ARTURIA
bus info: [email protected]:2.1
version: 1.11
capabilities: usb-2.00 audio-control
configuration: driver=snd-usb-audio speed=480Mbit/s
logical name: usb4
configuration: driver=hub slots=2 speed=10000Mbit/s
product: Renoir/Cezanne USB 3.1
physical id: 0.4
bus info: [email protected]:0b:00.4
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi msix xhci bus_master cap_list
resources: irq:33 memory:fc500000-fc5fffff
logical name: usb5
configuration: driver=hub slots=4 speed=480Mbit/s
*-usb
product: USB Receiver
vendor: Logitech
version: 12.11
configuration: driver=usbhid maxpower=98mA speed=12Mbit/s
logical name: usb6
configuration: driver=hub slots=2 speed=10000Mbit/s
*-multimedia:1
product: Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller
physical id: 0.6
bus info: [email protected]:0b:00.6
resources: irq:142 memory:fc880000-fc887fff
*-serial
description: SMBus
product: FCH SMBus Controller
physical id: 14
bus info: [email protected]:00:14.0
version: 51
clock: 66MHz
configuration: driver=piix4_smbus latency=0
resources: irq:0
*-isa
description: ISA bridge
product: FCH LPC Bridge
physical id: 14.3
bus info: [email protected]:00:14.3
version: 51
clock: 66MHz
capabilities: isa bus_master
product: Renoir PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
physical id: 101
bus info: [email protected]:00:01.0
physical id: 102
bus info: [email protected]:00:02.0
physical id: 103
bus info: [email protected]:00:08.0
*-pci:4
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 0
physical id: 104
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.0
*-pci:5
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 1
physical id: 105
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.1
*-pci:6
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 2
physical id: 106
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.2
*-pci:7
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 3
physical id: 107
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.3
*-pci:8
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 4
physical id: 108
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.4
*-pci:9
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 5
physical id: 109
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.5
*-pci:10
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 6
physical id: 10a
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.6
*-pci:11
product: Cezanne Data Fabric; Function 7
physical id: 10b
bus info: [email protected]:00:18.7
*-pnp00:00
product: PnP device PNP0c01
*-pnp00:01
*-pnp00:02
product: PnP device PNP0b00
configuration: driver=rtc_cmos
*-pnp00:03
*-pnp00:04
*-scsi
logical name: scsi0
capabilities: emulated
*-disk
description: ATA Disk
product: PNY CS900 240GB
physical id: 0.0.0
bus info: [email protected]:0.0.0
logical name: /dev/sda
version: 0208
serial: PNY3818222780010087A
size: 223GiB (240GB)
capabilities: gpt-1.00 partitioned partitioned:gpt
configuration: ansiversion=5 guid=98ffa0f8-ab27-4b90-9d28-ff11d548f867 logicalsectorsize=512 sectorsize=512
*-volume:0
description: Windows FAT volume
vendor: mkfs.fat
bus info: [email protected]:0.0.0,1
logical name: /dev/sda1
logical name: /boot/efi
version: FAT32
serial: 528c-cad2
size: 510MiB
capacity: 511MiB
capabilities: boot fat initialized
configuration: FATs=2 filesystem=fat mount.fstype=vfat mount.options=rw,relatime,fmask=0077,dmask=0077,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro state=mounted
*-volume:1
description: LVM Physical Volume
vendor: Linux
bus info: [email protected]:0.0.0,2
logical name: /dev/sda2
serial: vkOrj1-Q3t7-MHfS-a5yQ-cqSO-o1Mp-QzAXUU
size: 223GiB
capabilities: multi lvm2
*-network
logical name: enx36a8eba22807
serial: 36:a8:eb:a2:28:07
capabilities: ethernet physical
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ipheth driverversion=5.13.0-25-lowlatency link=no multicast=yes
[email protected]:~$

@Lightsight nothing you said makes any sense. Ubuntu that is a new kernel and you never said what your issue is or why you think your kernel isn’t updating. In fact being this topic is about Manjaro/KDE and Multi-GPU it sounds like your issues have nothing to do with this topic given you’re in Ubuntu and did say if you’re running multi GPU or anything else. Just a big spec dump for no reason.