Issue with NVMe SSD

Hello everyone,

Well i have a little issue with my SSD, its performing at 2.0pcie Speeds(I know it doesnt make much difference), but its capable of 3.0 do you know how to fix it?, refer image below

any help will be appreciated

pcie2

(EDIT) saw mobo below, wondered how they knew then remembered your specs are on your profile, duh.

Your gen of motherboard only has PCIe2.0 M.2 support (both x99 and Z87 \ Z97 did), to get faster speeds use a simple adapter and put it in a PCIe slot. PCIe2.0 is ~500 megabytes per second per lane max capacity, so 2x is 1 gigabyte per second still, which is a big performance drop from something like a Samsung 951, in fact probably close to halving peak reads.

Haswell E does support PCIe Gen3.0, but your cpu only has lower lanes, so if you do go an adapter (and for the cost you probably should) be careful which slot you put it in so it works and doesn’t drop the bandwidth to your other cards.

1 Like

The only M.2 connector on your X99-UD5 is a x2 2.0, not the higher speed x4 3.0 connector that your SM951 is capable of. You can get around this by using a pcie to m.2 adapter card, like these:

Any of the above will work and will enable the full x4 3.0 bandwidth.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the replies, yeah i think i will get another PCI Card m.2 adapter, still it boots and read/writes hella fast so it will be low on my priority List