Issue with network drive on reboot

So in my home setup I have my primary PC and 2 secondary PCs that I have shared drives setup that I access from my primary PC. One of these network drives I have never had any issue accessing and it works perfectly fine. The other one though I can sometimes get connected and then it will work fine until a reboot (which so far has been forced upon me a half a dozen times over the last couple weeks due to windows update). After my primary PC reboots then I am back to square one where it doesn’t connect and I get a error of “the network path was not found”.

The only real difference I can see between the systems is the one PC I can always connect to is running Windows 10 Pro 1709 where as the problem system is running Windows 10 Pro 1803.

I have also tried remoting into the PC that does work (running 1709) and see if I can connect to the drives on the problem PC and it works no problem so presumably the problem is on my primary PC.

So on the problem windows machine, you can mount the network drive and access it fine.

But after a reboot it throws a

“the network path was not found”?

Yes. Eventually it will work itself out where I can connect to the network drive itself or just to the computer and all the subsequent shared drives from the network section of file explorer fine but after a reboot I get taken back to square one where I can’t connect anymore until it randomly starts working again. For the time being I have just taken to not rebooting my system to avoid this frustration because everything I have tried has failed but windows update has been getting me with forced reboots during the night when I can’t stop it.

Though I have found if I map the network drive using the IP address rather than the hostname it will work even after a reboot right away but using the IP address has the issue of giving me warnings whilst trying to move things around relating to that network drive about “these file might be harmful to your computer”. Though ideally I would like to discover the root of this issue and fix it rather than using a workaround like this as I have used hostname in the past to connect to network drives and still have another computer that I still connect to via network drive that works perfectly fine.