Issue trying to set up multiple displays via HDMI and DP (Vega 64)

I got a Radeon RX Vega 64 half a year ago, and I’ve had a multiple monitor setup for a while with 2 DP outputs. I switched the primary monitor for a HDMI Dell one now, and relegated the former primary as a secondary vertical monitor. Problem is, there’s no way for me to set the HDMI output as the primary no matter how much I fiddle with the ports because it seems to always favor the DP monitor. This is annoying for the boot because then the boot options are sideways for me. I tried setting it up in Windows via Radeon settings, but it won’t help with the boot menu. Any ideas on what to do? If there’s something I can do through Linux (Manjaro), that would help as well, I didn’t find anything in the last 2 days of searching.

This is a feature, of all GPUs.
The outputs are laied out in a logical order. Output 1 -N. You will not be able to get around this at boot except to physically plug the correct cable into the correct monitor. So you could get a DP to HDMI adapter and use that on the Dell Monitor and that would fix your issue. I have noticed that AMD GPUs seems to favor DP -> HDMI -> DVI -> VGA in that order. Basically Best to Worst.

1 Like

So I guess I’ll just have to find a DP to HDMI converter for the monitor. Thought maybe there was a way to do it in software, but I guess not, thanks anyways!

The AtomBios is what runs on the AMD cards. There is no known way to actually change the display order as far as we know, it is not open sourced.

1 Like

Amazon.com : displayport adapter to hdmi cable

@Mastic_Warrior is right. Either switch which monitor you want the BIOS to show up on or adapt as needed, like what’s in the link above. Plenty of choices. I heard some cards aren’t real adapter friendly, like my RX 5600 XT, not sure if Vega has a similar issue. Surprised the monitor only has one input type. No HDMI on it? Wondering because mine has 3 HDMI and one DP.
If DP and DVI are options, you could go HDMI to DVI on said monitor.

The Fujitsu one has a DP, VGA, and HDMI, while the Dell one only has HDMI and VGA. I fixed the problem by getting a DP to HDMI cable.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.