Issue: Getting 4k Ultra HD Blu Rays to be recognized on computer

I'll have to find a blank BDXL and test it out. Maybe that will help diagnose the issue.

1 Like

This pisses me off so much. I bought Agent 47 on regular BD. It plays fine when i put it into dedicated Blu-ray player but when i try to play it in laptop that's meat to support BD disks it can't recognize it. The laptop doesn't even notice something has been inserted. This is plain rip off.

You are running into a similar problem that has plagued pc for a while. That is lack of support. 4k on pc has largely been ignored by the media companies which makes no sense since pc is where 4k makes he most sense. It is all stupid, corporate, legal bullshit if you ask me.

1 Like

I've got an order placed with Amazon for a few triple layer BDXL discs; one Verbatim M-Disc and another Sony regular BDXL triple layer. I could not seem to find any 128Gb Quad Layers.

So, new development. I got my order from Amazon. The M-disc BDXL disc shows up (OMG SUCCESS!!!!). The regular BDXL disc does not show. Both are BD-R TL X4. So now I am thinking that maybe software is back on the table in my head.

Grim_Reaper save me sir, please

Most likely. But i never heard of anyone updating a firmware for optical drive. This is one of the things that should just work out of the box. The best thing to do right now is stop buying movies on BD.

Holy shit! the new DRM in 4K Blurays need to contact a key server through the internet before the media can be played.

2 Likes

That is fucked...