Issue Attempting to Mount IMG Disk Image to USB with Rufus

I have a bit of a strange issue. I have an IMG disk image file that I’m trying to mount to one of my USB drives using Rufus, but unfortunately it’s not working too well. What I have found is that mounting the exact same image to 2 other exact same model USBs works fine, it’s just for one USB in particular that is giving issues. As far as I’m aware, the USB isn’t dying and works fine. I can’t tell if the issue is software or hardware or both. I’ve tried diskpart and long/full format of the drive with the NTFS file system, but the results are the same. I’m thinking about DBAN (I doubt that will work), but I don’t think that works for USBs.

Any ideas?

Maybe you could try to re-format the usb stick under windows using fat32 file system.

Too large - 64 GB
Did that in macOS and the results are the same

Well if the other exact same sticks work fine and the third one doesnt for whatever reason.
Then i’m personally assuming that the stick it self is probablly causing the issue.
Maybe a bad flash module or something.

Just tried with ApplePiBaker in macOS, Disk restoring in Disks in Ubuntu, and dd commands, none of them worked.

Pretty sure it’s something to do with the hardware, but I’m not sure what exactly.

i had this exact same issue with rufus and a sandisk cruzer

you could try using etcher, but other than that the drive itself must be messed up or needs to be completely reformatted. i wound up having to use an SD card as none of my cruzers would work.