Issue 1 Fixed / Issue 2 4 SATA Drives not in Device Manager was there before?

I had a Boot issue but that is resolved Thanks Forum but now the 6 SATA ports on my F450 Motherboard will not see any of the 4 SATA drives I have a 2 NVMe drives on the Board sees them but nothing else.

Went through the Bios but can’t see anything that I changed it just won’t recognize the 4 SATA drives even in device Manager but it did before this so it’s not the drives ? Never seen anything like this before, Thanks for the Help Forum !!!

Please state your motherboard and maybe the rest of your system so that we can look up things that may help :slight_smile:.

MSI -B450F Gaming , Ryzen 5. 2600 16GB ram 2 NVMe 1TB sticks on the Board they are working fine moved them around also didn’t make any difference still cant see the 4 SATA drives connect directly to the Motherboard and they worked before ?

I can’t find a MSI B450F Gaming. The “F” there seems to be an ASUS thing.
If it is the ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming then it seems that when one of the M.2 is populated then 2 SATA ports are disabled.
Have you tried removing one of the M.2s and if it works then?
And if it works then try switching that one to the other M.2 and see if it works or not.

1 Like

I will try that now and Yes that’s the Board Sorry I was using a MSI board for a older build mis labeled the response

I removed all NVMe drives except the Boot drive the 4 SATA drives don’t even show up in Device Manager its like the STATA ports on the Motherboard are dead or turned off in the Bios ?

Yes that may be the case, check in the BIOS if they are detected there and if they aren’t check if the ports are disabled.

The Saga Continues . I cannot get the 4 SATA ports to respond at all I have checked all the bios setting and don’t see anything . So l purchase a LSI controller which the system saw right away and booted up but still no SATA drives and these are drives that worked before and have data on them. I need tech support bad on this one Maybe even some Wendell support Thanks All ???