Is this setup ok?

Hey guys,

i want to build an Gaming PC and i want your meaning on this setup (I want to do some slight overclocking maybe):

MB: Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 (or Asus M5A97 LE R2.0)

CPU: FX-8350 4 Cores at 4Ghz

Cooler: Alphacool Eisberg 240 CPU (http://www.alphacool.com/product_info.php/info/p1499_Alphacool-Eisberg-240-CPU---Black.html)

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Memory

SSD: ADATA ASP900S3-128GM-C (2 pieces with RAID 0, i think the MB supports i..)

Power: Corsair CX600 PSU (or the Thermaltake Berlin 630 Watt 80 Plus (is that good enoug?))

GPU: An old Radeon HD 7970 i got

Case: i will see...

+ some cheap fans.

is this suitable?

thanks in advance guys ^^

It's good however I would dump the whole raid 0 thing and just get a big SSD like a Samsung EVO 840/850 or a Crucial MX100.

SSD in raid 0 does next to nothing as an SSD is internally already a raid 0 device.

Having two SSDs in RAID 0 almost doubles sequential read and write performance. But one SSD would be better than two in terms of reliability. Considering SSDs reliability in general, I'd say the benefits of a RAID 0 config out way the downsides.

Thanks Hakker, i saw it a few minutes ago.. i will go for this SSD: ASP900S3-256GM-C.

But is the Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 good enough for slight overclocking?

And what about the Thermaltake Berlin 630 Watt 80 Plus? Do you have some experience with it?

Greetings

Felix

wow sequential reads and writes go way up that really helps....NOT. Sure it grabs textures at 800MB/sec then, but access times rises because you do it in software raid and guess what that nearly negates the raid0 and it only worsens if the files are small. I don't think a second in load time will be worth it. Heck windows didn't start faster here when I tested it with two Samsung 830's. Even upgrading from an Intel Postville to a Samsung 830 didn't improve that much. Sequential read and write is only great for marketing but says little for real world performance.

You'll be far happier with more memory, a GPU upgrade or anything else.

If you really want to profit from higher speeds get a recent PCI-e SSD or an M2 SSD because those bypass the pci-e to sata conversion overhead which helps out with the small files a lot.