Is this real?

It’s real expensive, but I’m sure this would be a better value than a Quadro for Video Editing and it says it’s Linux Compatible. If it’s legit, I’m sure it would put some live in older hardware. I wonder if you could edit 4k h265 Video on a Core2 Quad with this sucker.

http://www.advantech.com/products/7002552e-4890-4c95-ace5-29ebdad7f992/vega-3301/mod_7551ebd4-b007-44fc-a2bb-a5ccdaa32024

Sure. Accelerators are still around for video. I’m sure you could put together a mean machine with one. Be careful though; RED made one that was supposed to be better than the first Titan X and… well that was just wrong and in typical RED fashion the one that Linus reviewed blew up in testing.

so just to go into depth on these types of devices. There are two types of Hardware accelerators. There are those like the one linked which only “accelerate” the capture or output to or from input and out put devices, and then there are true accelerators that will work with one or two pieces of software to offload all video workloads. Examples of the Latter are Devices like the Avid Nitro box these pieces of hardware are not as common any more as GPU’s and CPU’s have gotten powerful enough that the need for real-time playback rendering to be offloaded to special hardware only exists for the Edge cases in video production.