Is this a good HDD?

There are alot of nasty reviews on the -Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive-. Is there a better quality one for about the same price. Has to be 1T HDD.

I don't see what is wrong with this hard drive.  It has lots of great reviews on NewEgg and Amazon.  You should buy it.

they all say it died after about 3 months though, idk why it's getting 4*'s

where are theese negative reviews cooming from you got a link?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=22-148-697&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=2&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

ok looking around on the newegg site, there are alot more negative hardrive reviews  in general then there should be im noticing that only the industrial grade stuff from wd and segate are getting what i call good enough feedback to give the green light to buy, in otherwords dont buy a hardrive from newegg, i get this underlying feeling they are treating em like footballs, also i could not help but notice that they are still selling drive's that are gen old or so, like the segate you reffered only a 32mb cach? all the current gen barrucuda's have a 64mb cach. i will admittidly stand up for segate over wd based on my years of personal experience dealing with both drive's. but what ever you do buy your HD from somewhere else inspite of what brand you go with, also take a look at pcpartpicker.com i bet they could find a drive at a better rate than newegg and current gen too.

Customers are way more likely to write reviews if they're unhappy with a product. If the customer is happy with what they bought then chances are they're too busy enjoying it to actually write a review about it. The general rule of thumb is that if 50 percent of customer reviews are positive, then it's a very good product.