Zotac GTX 660 Ti

Asrock Extreme 3 Z77

G.SKILL Ares (8GB)

Rosewill CAPSTONE Series 80 PLUS GOLD 550W

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

NZXT Phantom 410 Black and Orange

Generic Optical disk thingy

I need help deciding what cpu cooler to use

I am trying to go with a orange and black setup to go with my R.A.T 7 Infection and G15 keyboard

wat do u plan to use it for mostly

Looks good. Alot of people are saying to get a 2500k over the 3570k if you are overclocking. I have a 3570k and it is great. But, I haven't even messed with overclocking because I haven't gotten around to getting a better cooler. The one thing I definitley recommend is an SSD. I have a 120GB vertex 4 for my boot drive and it makes a ton of difference. Also you might look into the AMD 7000 series cards, they have been having a ton of price drops. 

get a 7950 over a 660ti. and if you have spare cash, get a 670.

id also change to z68 mobo and 2500k. save some more money. as tahts what ive just done on my second build.

how it looks in the phantom, its going to be a whole R2D2 build. 

its on with no CPU wut?

you jely my pc dont need cpu/cores/l2 cache to run! its on another level of exsistence.

plus i lied to the power supply, the fans are connected to a fan controler on the case that takes a connection from the psu. just need to bridge the gren and any black on the 24 pin. job done. i was testing the fans.

Yeah, but the first thing you always do during a build is install the cpu and cpu cooler. Even if you have a CPU cutout hole in your motherboard tray, it's still much easier to install the cooler outside of your case.

The build looks good to me, but the PSU is probably overkill.

I agree, but then again, my 20 year old MSI voyager case doesn't have CPU cutouts... or front USB... or any fans besides the 80mm exhaust... or front audio ports

I need a new case,,,

Gaming

do you knowoff a z68 mobo with 2 pcie 3.0 slots? later on I plan on geting two 670's when the price drops.

how much overkill?

I just ran your build through a PSU calculator that I use, and it's telling me that your build will use 468 watts at full load. I would get a 550 watt psu and save some money. Also, I'm going to have to discourage you from getting a Raidmax PSU. They're pretty much crap. I would suggest getting one of these brands: Seasonic, Enermax, Corsair, Silverstone, Cooler Master, Thermaltake, NZXT, or XFX.

forget the 3570k, get a 2500k and buy a good cooler from the money you save.

than oc the hack out of the 2500k. 

the gtx 660 ti is fine, better than a 7950. 

i'm not a big fan of asrock motherboard, but there is nothing wrong whit them.

you might want to get a ssd, but you can save the money on that if you can wait for your pc to boot.

a ssd won't give you higher fps, but games wil load faster.

and aslo forget that psu, its crap, get something like a Corsair, Silverstone, Antec, Cooler master, Thermaltake, Seasonic, Enermax