Is this a decant PC

The H97 fatality killer has a upgraded onboard audio.
could be worth it to some people.

Interesting point on the dac/amp solution,@Some_Tech_Noob. I say that because i bought an amp(schiit asguard) for cheap recently. The seller was upgrading and sold it for a heavily discounted price. I bought the amp and now i can't help but hear digital noise coming out of the audio port. Isn't the amp; tested it at the seller's place prior to buying.

Kinda kicking myself right now for it.
I'm looking for a dac at the moment. Your point on the combo has caused me to start thinking if i would have been better of with a combo.

The Asgard is a great amp. If you got it for cheap, then don't regret it. It will serve you well for a good long while.

de·cant
dəˈkant/
verb
gradually pour (liquid, typically wine or a solution) from one container into another, especially without disturbing the sediment.

My way of saying you have a typo.

1 Like

Just pick up a DAC. Wire it into the AMP. There's no real need for a combo device - it's mostly just convenience. As others have stated, the Asgard is a fine amp.

Make sure you're using the audio on the back of the motherboard, not a front panel header. If you are, then there's not a lot that you can do beside buying a dac.

I'm not regretting buying it, per se. The amp is built like a tank! Now it's got to the point where i can't help but focus on the noise,haha.

I don't use the front panel header at all. The noise is from the rear.
I am on the lookout for a dac. Trawling through the local audio community forums and the such. If i can't find one, i might just get a used asus xonar DSX at ~50USD