Is there ANYTHING to play on Linux/Wine/VirtualBox?

If you find there is a lack of games (again, 2500+ on steam) and a fair amount work on wine: than stick with dual booting, and use your Windows partition when you want to play certain games.

I rarely use my Windows partition now that I can play WoW very nicely in Linux, but I still have it around just in case.

Change that to ALL are playable in a KVM with hardware pass through (if you have the appropriate hardware to configure and share), in a year and a half I have yet to find a game that will not load and play on my Fedora/Win 7 system.....to date I've played and completed all the Fallout titles including 4, all of the Half-Life series, all of the BioShock series (except the first game which I'm playing now), Witcher 2, Far Cry 3 & 4, Deus Ex series, GW2...there are more that I can't remember but anything that will run natively on a Windows box will run and play on a KVM with hardware pass through.

1 Like

That's my plans. It seems my motherboard may not like two GPUs though :/ one of my pcislots crap out ifi try.

1 Like

I play Warframe on Windows through Dual Booting... Ugh, I hate it but like playing Warframe.

I have an R9 390 and GTX 1070, I'm just concerned about the power usage. Is that something to consider?

1 Like

Just figure out your total wattage (use a watt meter to check the computer under load or do the math adding up the published power figures) and give yourself a margin of 100-150w above that, buy a good 80 or 90 bronze or gold PSU from a quality manufacturer and your covered. I run 3 R9 270's (one for Linux and 2 in crossfire for the Windows guest) and use a Seasonic 1050w PSU which is probably overkill, but I don't know in another year what Zen might bring and what I might do if it is everything they say it's going to be and I'd like to upgrade to Zen without having to buy everything over again with the exception of a MB, CPU, and memory.