Is there any way to convert a video out to a video in?

So I’m rearranging things around my work area and one thing has lead to another that I am without an RX580 again. Its really not an issue because, as I thought, my MSI laptop has been more convenient for gaming and streaming than a desktop has.

However, I don’t want to capture from my laptop. Actually I want to capture from a Sun machine. The sun box has an hdmi adapter, and the 6870 has 5 billion ports on it (1 HDMI, 2 DVI, 2 MiniDP, header for full size DP) and, while I could build xtogo or something similar, I’m not sure how well that’d end up working. I’d like to have an HDMI cable go from one box to another and I’d like to be able to open a window in OSX or linux (not keeping windows on the machine because its effectively useless on it) to work with the other system.

Is there a way to do this or do I have to get a capture card? Its not like I need 60Hz off of a development system or anything. If there was even a way to do 5hz on some hacky connection that’d be completely fine.

Thanks.

Does the Sun system support VNC? I’d look to see if it supports VNC first. If it doesn’t, try a Magewell USB capture card.

Well its running openbsd so I could maybe build it. But I’ve never set up VNC before tbh.

Is not possible to convert an output on a GPU from OUT to IN because you’ll need some kind of logic to handle the input to make any meaningful data to work on. A dedicated capture card is the only way.

Yeah, but for this case VNC would work if he only needs low resolution at 5fps.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.