Is there any Decent 4K Gaming/Content Creation/Consumption Monitors Under 400?

As the Title says im looking for a 4K monitor as a new display to upgrade from my tiny crappy 24’ Samsung 1080p Display… I did order a 4K 55’ OLED as planned for my new monitor but it was way too big so that is now on my bedroom wall and back on the market for a new monitor, id like to game from time to time nothing serious and honestly i dont mind 60hz so 120/144 isnt a huge huge target for me although it is a bonus since my Daily tasks are primarily just content consumption and making a few posts on X social media from time to time and im just looking really for the best overall monitor for my price range as im fed up of my tiny awful display holding me back for anything i do. Any Ideas? since im pretty clueless to what all the numbers and %'s mean.

If you don’t mind 60hz a second hand you’ve got a lot of options. A second hand U3011 will run you a couple hundred bucks and has great color accuracy.

EDIT: I read right over 4k, scratch that.

How about this one for reference: https://geizhals.eu/philips-momentum-278m1r-a2324338.html#specs

Yay/Nay?

VX3211-4K-MHD if you don’t mind the AUO panel lottery. Get a more recent model of that specific model number as it changed the backlight to a genuine flicker free backlight.

That’s IPS. For content consumption I recommend a VA panel if you can get it with good uniformity. Samsungs have good uniformity, but terrible OSD menus. AUO panels have a panel lottery for VA panels especially, but have much more options for monitor OSD menu choice.

If you know you will not be calibrating it in the OSD, the BenQ EW3270 is another option. (lacks 6-point OSD calibration)

For creation though, I would recommend the M28U because that Innolux panel is really sweet. (24Gbps HDMI 2.1 though, this is gonna hurt down the line)

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.