Is there an app to test programming logic

Hey...
Here I am, stuck at work with actually quite a lot of free time on my hands, but only with my smartphone. And I want to work on my game, but I can't...
So I started wandering, is there an app, where I can construct basic programing logic, like for loops, if statements, etc., and give the app gives me the result.
This way I will be able to do some work on my game project without needing the pc all the time.

yea.... python. lol

Use "termux" for terminal emulator.

2 Likes

Nonononononono.....
I don't want to have to learn another programing language in order to be able to test some basic ideas on my phone. I don't want programing apps. I want something, that will allow me to dasy chain a few if statements and for loops and check if the result is what I expected it to be, or if there is a fault and let me rebuild it...
I hope I explain it well,cause I don't think I did...

What do you currently code in? Python is stupid simple to learn. It's extremely readable and fantastic for prototyping.

... you're describing programming...

You don't need to rebuild python... just saying...

Give a real example of something you want to test...

1 Like

What I envision in my head is something, that will allow me to build logic like this:

This is what I mean, when I say programing logic... Something, that will let me build those logic chains, and if there is an issue, I can just add another chain or something...
I don't want to program to go home and program again. I just want to test stuff...
Otherwise I am using Game Maker as a software and Game Maker Language as a language...

Yeah it's called raptor. We used it in my intro class to programming logic.

1 Like

I'm going to need something more than that...
Raptor gives me like a trillion different dinosaur apps and games and crap...

Please use Hacker's keyboard :p can't stand seeing those Phone keyboards XD soo minimal ><

I don't actually program on my phone... I could... but I have three screens, two laptops, and two workstations in my cube...

same but that just makes me like cry when i see my phone and see it lacks CTRL or ALT....

but to be back to topic...
Does unity not also work on android?

holding volume up/down does that in the termux program. It works well enough to get around the terminal.

yeah termux is awesome.

1 Like

you google "raptor programming"

first link

http://raptor.martincarlisle.com/

So basically this program will allow you to make the psudo code logic with flowcharts, instead of the actual code syntax itself. Should be exactly what you need.

1 Like

It is... On the PC, where i can actually code.
Is there a mobile app like that? Because this is perfect. But it's for PC, and i can just program on the PC. I need it for the times, where i can't just program - on my phone at work.

sorry no, only available for desktop use AFAIK.

1 Like

Yeah,... That's my issue actually. I can't be infront of my PC all the time. But yeah, that's pretty much what i am looking for.

There is a game. It's called the Human Resource Machine It makes use of the assembly language but there is no code writing. It's all logic based. It's my favorite pass time on my phone by far, you really learn a lot.

if youre worried about termux being too small on a phone, there are a lot of mini bluetooth keyboards out there that you can connect to your phone.

You can get Scratch on android and iOS https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/60012/

Termux is not at all what I want.
I just wanted to prototype the basis of my diplomacy system with just some (as I understand they are called) flowcharts.