Return to Level1Techs.com

Is there a fucking conspiracy?

Ok so i have posted 2 threads about fetching texts like typeracer is doing. Both posts separated by relative significant time. Both with no responses. Does nobody really know or is there some kind of conspiracy against this question?

It could be that people just don’t know.

I know I generally don’t post in threads where I know nothing about the topic.

There are a lot of times where someone creates a thread and then no one replies to the thread. It’s happened to me, it’s happened to psycho_666, it’s happened to others and it’s happening to you.

There is no conspiracy theory, and there is nothing that people are doing against you. As w.meri said, people generally don’t post in a thread that they don’t know about.

If you want a reaction from the community you can try self bumping your topic. Especially if it is a helpdesk topic.

Don’t get too crazy with the bumps tho. Lol.

Or you can try posting a link to your topic in the lounge, as many of the lounge lurkers don’t leave the lounge.

Also I moved this thread to a more appropriate category.

Its pretty good indicator that you are the top expert if your second Googling shows your own question thread as top result

I really dont know how would you turn that into money but thats how it is, and there are all sorts of weird experts around here :man_shrugging:t2:

I routinely post in thread when I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about
But I was busy fixing a busted water heater
I know nothing about that hot water heaters either but what the heck.
I know 220 is twice 110
and getting zapped by 110 was not bad so twice that should be ok
This is me putting a battery in the volt meter with an 18 volt dewalt

When I don’t contribute I am being nice :slight_smile:
Hope I gave someone a chuckle

It’s only been 11 hours, are you that impatient? Anyway no, there is no conspiracy against you or the subject matter. The question (I will now begin referring to the screencapped thread) you asked is that which only a small portion of the active users here are capable of answering. So wait. Maybe you will never get an answer let alone one that you are looking for, maybe you will?

On another note, why do feel it necessary to swear in the title? This is the second time you have done this. I’d rather you not, as the #l1techs:meta category is publicly visible.

Ok so i wasn’t being serious when posting this lol.

I was just a little bit surprised that nobody knew about what i was posting about.

Your reputation matters. Now your reputation is that you make click bait posts that you aren’t serious about, so you should expect a diminished audience and less help.

Easily fixed, but that’s where you’re at right now.

A good way to improve your reputation would be to write a helpful wiki about something you have expertise in.

What are you even on about. The title is obvious click-bait / not serious unlike other posts I’ve made which have a serious title. It’s easy to distinguish wtf.

There is no need to get defensive as @oO.o’s criticism is valid and perhaps you could take it? If you want to make joke/sarcastic threads please do so in #community:off-topic

Again there was no irony to be felt because of

Please do not begin insulting other users that were misinformed by your mistakes.

Dude, this is another of your posts where you just don’t seem to get the point.

And again, you’re calling people names, and being rather offensive.

People on these forums don’t take kindly to that kind of attitude.

And now several people have pointed this out to you. ON yet another thread. Get the hint please.

>cares this much

It’s my job to care.

And can you at least use other words than “autistic”?