Is it possible to pass only 1 nvidia gpu and keep the other working on host?

Hey all hope you are all doing good, i have currently got a TITAN V and an NVIDIA T400 and recently built a new workstation and currently looking into virt-manager and PCI pass-through and just wondering if i could pass the T400 to a Windows VM and then keep the Titan with working NVIDIA drivers on Linux, since ive been looking and it seems every time i try to do this the NVIDIA driver blacklist blocks the gpus and adds vfio driver to them both, and not sure if i should just get something like an amd card to replace the T400.

Great question and i wish i could answer for you!

Ive been looking to make the switch to Linux on my home box for some time now (not jumping on the bandwagon because of LTT) and am in the process of researching what would be a good distro to start with for my use case. currently running 5 monitors, 3 off a GTX 1060 6gb and 2 off usb / hdmi dongles but i would like to slap in my spare AMD RX 460 to run 3 of the eventual 6 displays (currently all 1080p, one 144hz the rest are 60hz at best

Leaning towards Pop or Arch, any thoughts or input would be awesome.

Other things,
i7-8086k for the meme
ASRock z390 Taichi Ultimate
64 GB RAM

Goals:

Take down dedicated plex box and run server off this PC, library likely to be stored on NAS at some point

play games at 144hz

Not be spied on by Microsoft

Thanks again!

A bit late, but yeah, it should be possible.

I have a 2x nv gpu setup where I unbind one of the cards from the nvidia driver and pass through to a windows vm (both are using nv drivers on boot). The other card is still detected by the host.