Is it bad to run a fan at 100%?

I was f@h and decided to check my gpu temp to make sure it was very high because folding isn't supposed to take up that many resources. Well, when I looked I saw it went from 43C to 68C. I made the fan run at 100% to try to keep it cool. The lowest it has gone when folding is 62C. I have 2 questions:

Can running a fan at 100% damage it?

Is 68C to high for a gpu temp?

Also, I have an EVGA 9800 with dual slot cooling so its supposed to get good airflow.

Well, f@h takes a bit power so its normal.

No, its just healthy to have a cool card.

(No, it will not damage it in any way Its just healthy)

i just dont understand every single person who has a 9800gt complains about the temps my 9800 is single slot and i OCed it and it runs at 35 C

it cant bee good case airflow becuase i have a budget case with only 2 80mm fans i have a magic card probably hehe

The only cons are:

- More Noise

- The fan won't last as long

Thanks guys.

I wasn't complain Pathogen, I was just making sure I wasn't gonna damage my card by f@h. And I don't have 9800 GT...just a 9800.

:)

21DD23 wrote 6 minutes ago »

The only cons are:

- More Noise

Wont last as long?

Hey my friend still uses a pc with 6600LE, and its working like hell still, running 100% all the time

GreenSLi wrote 42 seconds ago »

21DD23 wrote 6 minutes ago »

The only cons are:

- More Noise

Wont last as long?

Hey my friend still uses a pc with 6600LE, and its working like hell still, running 100% all the time

well, its minimal, but it does make a difference in the fan's life if you run at 30% compared to 100%.

It does it does indeed, but its ssooooo minimal that when its broken its already 20 years old

GreenSLi wrote 42 seconds ago »

It does it does indeed, but its ssooooo minimal that when its broken its already 20 years old

i doubt that long, but they do have like a life span around 5-10 years i think.

Get a pasive cooled card. Run it hot a fry eggs on it. Asus 6600 here.

The fan will eventually bug out on you after a few years at 100% I'm talking about like 5-10 years though. By then you've probably upgraded to a better and cooler card anyways.

I have my 9800GTX+ overclocked and running at 100% fan during gaming and I hit reset when I'm just browsing around.

i have a 9800gtx+ and runing at 100% but im upgrading to a gtx 295 in a month so i dont care if i hurt it...