Is HP Quadro M6000 (T7T61AA) compatible with home build CPU Systems

Hello,
Iam building a CPU with Xeon 2687W V4 procs on Z10PE D16 WS.

My question is Can I can use HP Quadro M6000 (T7T61AA) manufactured by HP on a self assembled non HP system by buying the power cord separately on ebay.
As we know in general we opt PNY M6000 rather than HP M6000 as the PNY gives all the standard accessories.

Iam also curious If I will encounter any driver issues on a non HP self assembled system.

Please get back to me asap, as we are leaving US in 1 week, and I have to make my purchase from amazon in a good deal of HP Quadro M6000 24GB Graphics Card (T7T61AA). As PNY Quadro M6000 is coming for $4700 and HP Quadro M6000 for $3500 in Amazon.

Thanks
Ajay

Most likely you will be able to do this without any problems. At most you will need a graphics driver from HP witch would just be a very out of date nvidia driver for the card, but I don't even see you needing that. I have personal experience buying graphics cards labled as Dell and HP and used them as if they were straight from the actual manufacturer
EX: Asus doesn't require you to have an Asus motherboard to use their graphics cards :) it would be a sad day if they ever do

When an HP or Dell sells the quadro cards, they simply slap a sticker on the side and sell it at most. No proprietary driver needed, he can buy the HP and go grab the standard, most up to date, driver from the Nvidia website and be off on his merry way :3

2 Likes

Thanks... I bought m6000 but not HP, as he was not giving a power cord with it. In eBay I found the power cord for sale separately but I was scared if it might be duplicate.