Is anyone interested in following a game being developed step by step?

I've been thinking of making a new game of late, and I'm wondering if there are any budding developers who would be interested in following along, I'd hardly claim to be experienced or even competent when it comes to game development, but I'd be happy to share the experience if anyone is interested. 

Update:

As far as a setting/plot/theme I'm basically looking to create the mechanic rather than a specific plot/theme, It'll be futuristic/scifi, but my main idea is that it'll be a large multi-player strategy game, played over planets, solarsystems, galaxies and so on, (which has of course been done before) But I like the idea of a persistent world with limited resources, whereas most online strat games, once you've built a resource harvesting building they will produce ad-infinitum and the server will end when some objective is achieved. As far as I'm aware there aren't a lot of games that allow entropy to spiral to it's inevitable heat death. That's the idea anyway so players will have to keep moving and spreading to fuel their empires.  

If you are not experienced in any way possible, are you just going to sit there and pay them? You have to at least have some knowledge in game making to make other people work for you, also you gotta at least tell us about a setting,plot,and theme of your game at least.

But If I can be any help I will. I'm good at drawing so I can do the sketch if u need one.

I"m following 2-3 right now. Sure why not, what game are you making?

Hahaha, well I congratulate you for being cynical, But I shall be doing the work, I'm a professional developer (though not currently games related), I graduated computer games technology at university and I've made games before, I was more trying to put across that I'm not pretending to be showing off immaculate dev skills or that I'll be displaying a master class on triple A game creation, I'll just be creating a game and I want to play and I don't expect it to be any kind of success, and wondered if anyone would be interested along the way.

As far as a setting/plot/theme I'm basically looking to create the mechanic rather than a specific plot/theme, It'll be futuristic/scifi, but my main idea is that it'll be a large multi-player strategy game, played over planets, solarsystems, galaxies and so on, (which has of course been done before) But I like the idea of a persistent world with limited resources, whereas most online strat games, once you've built a resource harvesting building they will produce ad-infinitum and the server will end when some objective is achieved. As far as I'm aware there aren't a lot of games that allow entropy to spiral to it's inevitable heat death. That's the idea anyway so players will have to keep moving and spreading to fuel their empires. 

It's always good to know artists are around when the need strikes, I'm simply terrible at drawing.

Thank you, LordXenu, I've elaborated more in my other comment, and it's nice to know the effort of documenting the games progress wouldn't be completely in vain.

oh dang didnt know,sorry if I offended you in anyway in my previous comment. But if u need help with the art hit me up :)

No, that's fine, my message was ambiguous, I should have made it clear that by following along didn't necessarily mean contributing just watching. 

I'll follow this, however I can't really contribute towards the development. Just so long as there's a Linux port.

I'll keep an eye on this. It'd be great for perspective.

Game sound interesting would love to play it. A good mechanic would be to develop efficiency of your machine so you don't go though resources as fast. as for a story i would recommend that humans developed  light speed travel but couldn't keep good communication so now the galaxy is divided into different clans.

I am interested in following your game while you are making it.  This would be the my first time seeing a game being developed and I am looking forward to see what you come up with.

Fear not, I have no plans of getting contributes, though this will be a winforms C# app for now at least it'll be developed for windows on windows, but I like the idea of converting it to mono at some point in the future.

Are you working on something yourself?

Thank you for your  interest, yeah, I like the idea of players balancing developing their weapons technology and capability vs conserving their resources and researching efficiencies to stretch out what they have, it'll make your choices have more meaning later on and increase the strategic element. I think it would make sense to have clans that are divded along those lines as well, some more efficient and peaceful, some less efficient and more war like and so on to suit game play styles, but that's a very long way in the future.

Yes and no. Still in the design document phase of things. 

The overarching theme of the game deals with lucid dreaming and psychological horror. Not the jumpscare stuff, more like the head-scratching I'm not sure how to feel about that kind of horror.  The game will switch between 1st and 3rd person perspective depending on the situation. Can't go into too much detail just yet, but yeah. Work in progress.

Thank you for your interest, I'll warn you it's going to start off very small and slowly, but I'll be interested in everyones feedback 

I've moved house and changed jobs so it's been a bit hectic, I'll get documenting what I've got so far and get it up somewhere! Thank you for your continued patience.

I'm a terrible human being, still haven't forgotten this but haven't had a lot of time with new job and still unpacking.

Finally getting a blog up, will be populating it from tomorrow, I've still been active in development even if I've not been so great at documenting it, so if anyone is still interested after all this time soon you'll have something to watch.

I have to say that I am very interested in following your work and maybe with the community's help you can end up with a game that is far greater then expected, but please elaborate further on where do you intend to document your progress.