Is an OEM version of Windows OS, actually legal to use?

I want to purchase an OEM version of windows 7 for a new build, but i read something along the lines of "you can only use it if you sell the pc to someone else"?

Really don't want to pay double the price for a retail version, but i will if i have to, so any advice on the topic is appreciated.

I use an OEM Version, thats just BS:

It's the same without fancy stuff. Go get it.

Just use it; there is no reason you can't, and no legal issues that prevent you from doing it. I have gone with OEMs my entire life, and Windows hasn't broken down my door yet. Just buy an OEM version, and be happy.

You don't have to sell the PC to someone else, you have to be system integrator to buy one direct (someone who assembles his/her own PC is by definition a system integrator, you don't have to provide proof of professional qualification to Microshaft, that would be a violation of quite a few human rights principles), and you have to buy one together with PC hardware that is detected by Windoze for the Validation procedure (CPU, HDD, GPU) if you buy one from a retailer.

That's about it. A retailer does get in trouble with Microshaft if they just sell you an OEM version without hardware delivery. You can also get in trouble yourself with Microshaft if you need to revalidate your hardware several times (because the stupid windoze even requires revalidation if you overclock your CPU in many cases, change of clock fequency detected: revalidation required).

I'm a system integrator myself so it's not a problem for me, but I've had to revalidate several times because my hardware suffers because I use it intensively, and I have to swap some parts from time to time or do parts upgrades. Let me give you a pro tip here: select validation by phone. The first time your windoze locks up because you've had to revalidate too much, you call the operator and explain your situation, they must understand that hardcore gamers and enthusiasts break parts by pushing the hardware all the time, and they change overclock frequencies depending on the climate conditions and whether it's for testing or for competition, etc... so they will add a number of possible revalidations to your windoze copy in their registration system, and every time you need to revalidate, you can do that via the automated phone service, which takes about 10 minutes of your life away every time you need to do it, but it keeps you within the boundaries of the license agreement with Microshaft.