Iphone 4s "free."

I just got the "free" 4s and installed IOS 7. My wife has had the 4s for a while now and in my opinion, IOS 7 is a decent improvement to 5 & 6. The camera is improved with a panorama feature which was previously unavailable. The layout is drastically improved. The ability to close your apps with a little upward swipe is seriously convenient. And you can install Chrome for an extra browser.

Mostly though I prefer the 4s because

1. I don't feel the need to have the latest thing at a premium price.

2. The 4s has mass. Its a sturdy hunk of metal in your pocket and you don't have to baby it.

3. Its a damn nice phone.

What are your thoughts. Is having a taller aspect ratio, perhaps a better camera and a thumb scanner worth the $$?

No. They release new phones every year for money, not because the technology becomes obsolete. They just add a couple of megapixels to the camera, a slightly faster processor, change the shape and bam, a new iphone which is "the best one yet" and "not quite like the others". I am not an apple fanboy but I really like the design of the 4 and 4s, although I prefer smartphones that use android, just because it's an open platform.

2. The 4s has mass. Its a sturdy hunk of metal in your pocket and you don't have to baby it.

3.5" phone having 140g weight is inconvenient. This weight is suitable for 4.7", but iPhone should weight not more than 110g not to feel like bricks (in a bad way). I've had SGS2 for 1.5 years and I incredibly liked how it felt almost like it weights nothing.

What are your thoughts. Is having a taller aspect ratio, perhaps a better camera and a thumb scanner worth the $$?

None of iPhones are worth their prices when there are Nexus devices.