IOMMU Group Split Manjaro

You add it (with a space separating) to whatever is already there. So if it already has "quiet splash" inside the quotes, change it to "quiet splash pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction"

1 Like

You are a godsent! <3

1 Like

I added Manjaro to the title of the thread so other people can find this more easily.

1 Like

It worked, I got my groups seperated! Thank you!

The only thing left is starting the machine. I added my GPU without hiding it not being a Quadro card. I started the machine, it is running. Task Manager says I have a dualcore, but I added 12 cores. I left the CPU settings untouched, maybe I need to redo the VM and use topology. Since it’s an Nvidia card, where do I have to hide it? I found something with XML editing, but also just

virsh edit [Name of my Virtual Machine]

What way would you reccomend?

Windows 10 home is limited to 1 socket
Windows 10 pro is limited to 2 sockets
Windows 10 workstations is limited to 4 sockets

You can edit the topology without completely redoing the VM. Adjust it to probably one socket and whatever cores/threads you want.

I would suggest giving it 10 threads, leaving one core for the host. That way, if you load up the guest all the way, it still leaves some room for the host CPU.

virsh edit It has some amount of error checking.
Or you can install virt-manager, which is a GUI, and it will pick up any virsh vms that you have.

The harder way is to use virsh dumpxml to a file, then virsh undefine the vm, then make your edits, then virsh define using the edited XML. Compared to that, virsh edit is much easier for edits.

1 Like

I actually configured my VM via virt-manager. Can I edit it there? Also, can I add more storage down the line? When I configured it, I selected a 75GB drive on my 2nd SSD, but I didnt change up the 40GB setting that has been set for the default way. I thought that it will just overwrite that but I guess you have to change that up there. :confused: :smiley:

Yes.

You can create and add a second virtual disk, or pass through a physical disk, or expand the size of your current virtual disk.
qemu-img resize <image>.img +50G
I am assuming you used the default qcow2 format.

1 Like

I have gotten my VM to wok! I followed the quide of SomeOrdinaryGamers. He said to delete the ich9, which I think was audio stuff. I didnt pass through my headset. Should I reinstall that to get to pass the VM’s audio to my headset? Or do you have another idea? I also want to thank you so much, without you, I wouldnt have figured this stuff out! <3

That is one option.

Depending on your setup, you may be able to use audio from HDMI/DIsplayport.

Alternatively, you could use scream.