Return to Level1Techs.com

Into the Earhole: A Sound Guy’s Blog

I set up my own router at home last night. Not entirely sure how I did it, to be honest. It broke for a while, I changed some settings, then it worked. :man_shrugging: The only thing I dislike is that it’s about 3/5 the speed it should be vs the ISP’s router (wired).

that chair is an HON design

1 Like

Wyoming this week

Shooting in a ‘youtuber’ office this week. Can’t share most of it due to nda but here’s a fun one

1 Like

Is that a propane bottle?
Does the bottle start icing up if you go full throttle with the flames?

I wish I could tell you. We had a guy use it a few times but only for 30 seconds or so. It was indoors, after all.

1 Like

I’m here again today, and someone did a 20-30 second burn. No ice on the tank; I’ll get a closer look at the bottle when I can.

1 Like

The only experience I have with icing is with 20# and 100# tanks. Then it was with extended use, like tens of minutes and summer time humidity. Its a neat looking gun and I bet fun to play with. I have a torch meant for roofing and use that occasionally for starting fires in my burn barrel. Its pretty loud when at full blast.

1 Like

Yep definitely propane

1 Like

California again this week

Daylight was short so had to make the most of the shooting schedule (by 4:30pm it was nighttime), so no time for fun apart from dinner. Also not really much wacky cali stuff happened this time. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Today, I watched someone spend over $5k on shoes and a few t-shirts. I believe the most expensive one was a graphic tee for $900+. What a hustle.

1 Like

Interesting thing today

What does it do when it FIRES ALL 32 NOZZLES ?

1 Like

Some kind of industrial handheld inkjet printer, methinks.

1 Like

The mythical gilded yt button

And of course the producer and I surreptitiously left our mark on the wall of shame

1 Like

Interviews today, run of the mill stuff, mostly…

One of the subjects is a disabled veteran, and is in an electric wheelchair. I went to mic her and needed a place behind her to stick a wireless transmitter; again, usual procedure, but I believe this is the first time I’ve attached it to a catheter.

Also, interesting coincidence- many of the people that have come in have mentioned organizations they have been a part of, and it so happens I’ve been on shoots for several of them. I have kind of a b-roll memory montage playing internally.

2 Likes

Something I didn’t mention before: in her interview, she said she just wanted to “soak up all life has to offer.” She is disabled because she was shot on-duty during a robbery. Now, years later, all she wants is to continue to live and experience all she can. Noteworthy, to say the least…

1 Like

Frontier

Nice.

Well, I’ll be damned. What are the odds this is true?

3 Likes

04%20AM

Go home, Pro Tools. You’re drunk.

2 Likes