Internsh*t going blahh, what to do...?

Some cool stuff has happened to me lately…
I got an internshit position at my college and three weeks in the news broke the state will start consolidation of IT and the computer systems. To be fair, i alrealdy hate my job; most of the time i just spend unjamming printers and plugging in monitor cables/turning the display on with the power button. Looking bad so far, my college education is halfway completed and seems to be a huge waste of time, class is extremely monotonous and vague (books offer better detail and information), proffessors seem not to giva shit. Looks like my best option is drop out and go for certs and perhaps fake it till i make it.

whaddah i do?

Suck it up, stop whining and finish college.
You’ll figure things out.

4 Likes

As much as I hate the situation, been in similar before, Tsk is right. I regret not finishing my course even though it was total bullshit. I was just not in the right frame of mind to keep going. If you can stick it out for the duration it will look a lot better to future people that may employ you or further your education.

It sucks, it will keep sucking but at the moment it is going to provide a piece of paper at the end. I do not know your specifics but that is probably more valuable than the alternatives, and it gives you time to think instead of having to deal with life at full speed while also working things out.

If you’re getting a discount on your school, you shut up, go to school and get the piece of paper.

If you’re not getting a discount, you start looking for a job with upward mobility. Hosting company front line support is a great spot because there’s always room for advancement, but depending on where you live that may be difficult.

AND if you can afford to continue going to school while doing that…you shut up, go to class, and get the piece of paper.

Crash through life like the rest of us. I assume you’re in your young 20’s? At that time everything is final all the time and nothing can be changed, it seems. But its not worth it to worry.

1 Like

This doesn’t work for everybody by any stretch: but taking advantage of the free counseling available at my college has helped me immensely when things start to look bleak.

For me, I found a counselor who I really connected with and we have been meeting for a while. I was skeptical at first, but it’s probably saved my bacon multiple times now.

2 Likes

When in trouble, when in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout!
If that doesn’t work, keep trying to figure it out,
Just laugh at the punch lines and the truth will come out.

1 Like

poetry appreciated. except the run in circles part. that literally defines insanity and id much rather not run in circles for my entire life.

Insanity is a legal term, I wouldn’t want to encourage anyone to break the law.