Internet drops

How old is this modem in question?

It’s the bgw-210 They just gave it to us about a month ago was working perfectly fine until last week which is also when I started getting those notifications about the extender in att smart home

Tried IP passthrough? Is the computer in question connected to the extender or the modems radio?

It should be connected to the modem but the modem switchs between the extender and the modem automatically its a att smart extender so I’m thinking the disconnects were getting could be interference between the two or it jumping back and forth

Any way to separate the SSIDs so you don’t automatically roam and then see if it keeps happening?

I don’t think so it works kinda like mesh network I’ll try disconnecting it and seeing if we still get issues

1 Like

I tried disconnecting the extender with no luck something i did notice how ever is that the wifi on my my phone started dropping like crazy once I got downstairs the extender being powered or not didn’t make a difference. I then remembered something my sister told me the internet has drops during the night/late afternoon and early morning which is when my step father is home and he uses his laptop down stairs so I couldn’t help but think what if the issue is coming from this laptop some how idk might be over thinking

so i bought and connected a asus ax86u and holy shit the wifi is alot faster. but now my lan speeds are slower i only get 600 whereas before i would get full gigabit which makes no sense to me

I just switched back to the att router. I rather have my internet occasionally drop and no privacy with my ISP. Then using my own router which is more secure but I get slower speeds and more frequent drops. I don’t really get it though the Asus ax86u should be a really good router and it should work fine?