Intel's Got a Problem - 13900K/KS/KF 14900K/KS/KF Crashing

We have seen this since day 1 of the 13th gen since SOP involves several days of burn in (and sweet benchmark scores).

Undervolting the CPU with a mild overclock typically regained stability, but more than one has been back soft bricked after XMP default settings are set by the end user after several months of use at stable undervolted overclocks.

Undervolting along with only populating 1 DIMM per channel yielded us the most reliable configurations and allowed decent overclocks including locked all core turbo which I have running in several environments trying to avoid Threadripper builds.

There appears to be a correlation between DIMM population and overclocking but so far it’s find a stable balance and move on.

I do not have any dumps to contribute, but will start collecting from now on.

Any other consumer skus you are chasing?

EDIT: Posted before seeing the video, looks like I restated your findings
After talking to my lead tech, he said underclocking DIMMs was a quick fix for the worst systems. He just sent out a 14900KF with DDR5-6000 locked to 3100 as that was the only way he could get it to post. The customer will be replacing with AMD for his next build after being a lifelong intel fanboy. As an aside, coolers do not appear to affect stability.

6 Likes