INTEL'S EMERGENT PATCH - Has anyone noticed?

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed anything or not since the big meltdown/spectre scandal was voiced throughout mainstream media; but I have noticed that ever since the “emergent patch” (complements of Intel) so graciously offered through Microsoft Update was introduced to my systems that my PCs have been behaving particularly unstable. So far I have had to reinstall the operating systems in three of them as any rollbacks and/or system recoveries were not really taking so well and in each case my problems began after installing Intel’s generous fix. In every case Kaspersky and other malware scans found nothing out of the ordinary although in one case I needed to flash the bios which only resulted in an entire collection of new problems. Just casting bread upon the waters as it were. Has anyone else noticed any unusual activity (or lack thereof) after installing the patch?

All of my systems are Intel based. All have been fully updated.

8 systems.

No issues to report at all

2 Likes

Thanks DerKrieger. 8 systems here too. So far I’ve only noticed this with three which are specifically all Windows 7 Ultimate.

Sounds like a Windows 7 issue then

1 Like

Yeah, Intel fucked that up. Lenovo, HP, Dell and all the others have stopped rolling out the Intel patches.

I’m starting to smell a racket scheme again.

My, my… How utterly convenient for Intel!

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/intel-plans-release-chips-built-224331156.html

How did I miss it?

A few days ago Dell released new bios for some of their older machines to fix reboot issues, I haven’t seen much on it since. Older cpus like haswell were covered.

I had a number of patches and rollbacks since I posted this. Microsoft also offered a patch for My LSI card which I found quite interesting. Later, after I completely lost LUNO (and had to do a complete roll back and reconfigure my Asus bios)
, I noticed that they offered a different one. Forutnately I got my LUNO back.