Intel Xeon E-2288G

Does anyone know where I can buy a “retail boxed” Intel Xeon E-2288G? I’ve found them in the “tray” type package but no luck for the former. I’ve checked the usual online retailers, serversupply and servers4less.com.

Is there a reason you need a retail box version? Also what market (NA, Europe, Asia?)

This would be the American market. I’d prefer the retail version since it should have a 3 yr warranty versus 1 yr for the “tray” line. If I had a partial serial number off a “retail boxed” cpu I could verify the warranty length for sure per Intel’s FAQ.

If anyone has a partial serial number or knowledge of warranty length on this CPU that info would be appreciated!

https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/articles/000005494/processors.html

Thanks!

Isn’t the difference in duration of warranty based on purchase being private or business? It is where I live in Europe.

1 Like

It might only be available As a tray / OEM only

That warranty is covered by their authorised resellers.
I would start there…

Thanks Trooper, I’ll make some calls.

1 Like

I have never used an enterprise Intel chip, I was only looking at their site, but they used to do both tray+retail listing when the chips were consumer chips.

But for sure email a bunch of people to find out!
then you can let us know!

I called Mouser Electronics and spoke with a sales person. She confirmed what an Ebay seller told me earlier. Intel only offers these CPU’s in “tray” format right now. Any issues with the CPU would be apparent right away most likely. But 3 yrs would be much nicer Intel…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.