Intel X520-T2 10Gbit cards not working with Windows 10

Negotiated link speed “Not Supported” seems odd… It might be a firmware issue.

Edit : check post 12 on serve the home…

1 Like

Have you tried swapping the cable?

1 Like

If you look above you’ll see that I eliminated hardware issues by verifying that it works just fine when booted into Linux with all the same hardware. Nice application of Occam’s Razor though.

@regulareel opened a case with intel and sent them logs. They say its a Windows issue, Microsoft says to reinstall Windows. I’ll try that this weekend.

1 Like

in before Microsoft says: install Windows 11

That’s some lame customer service IMO :expressionless:

If you have a spare hard drive maybe try a fresh install on that so you don’t lose everything to find out if it works or not?

If not a hard drive, if you have a spare USB flash drive laying around, you could use Rufus to install Windows 2 go on it. Then see if it recognizes the card correctly.

At least with those ways you’ll know without blowing away your current install to find out.

2 Likes

Problems with cables can be pretty odd. It’s possible that some bad packets or instability are causing windows to throw a shitfit and disable 10Gb “for stability”, and linux is just negotiating that both devices can do 10G and the cable can do whatever to the best of it’s ability, or something like that.

If you don’t have a spare cable, though, it’s another matter.

1 Like

@David_Farris, I hope reinstalling Windows this weekend fixes your issue. I thought your switch might be causing your problem because I have been having all kinds of issues with my Unifi switch. I have since fixed them by letting the Unifi switch pick its own Static. I now think the problem lies with Windows. I would expect a reinstall of Windows 10 to remove whatever is causing the issue.

Did reinstalling windows resolve this matter?