Intel S2600CP not booting

No clue. Maybe something to do with quad channel? Maybe a faulty memory controller in the chip?

God, I hope not.

It just started Pass 4. 30 hours and 25 minutes. No errors yet.

Could it have been heat related? I am not positive, but I may not have had the center fans installed and the top may have been off.

I did turn off one memory-related setting, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. It started with an "N" I think. It passed some function through to the OS if it supported it.

Did you reseat the CPU in between? Maybe it was just a contact problem on the socket?

I didn't reseat the processors.

I'll do a quick update.

The 32GB went through all 4 passes in about 45 hours with no errors.

I upped it to the full 64GB and it is almost done with pass 2 at about 28 hours. No errors yet.

It's pulling 212 watts. Going to be a fantastic electric bill.

You probably had a stick with a bad seat and when you started testing you reseated them making the bad contact good again.

I have two builds with the E5-2670's, my first Memtest run with 128GB of ram took me almost two weeks to get through 8 tests without errors.

There are a lot of potential problems with these kits from Natex but the value when you get everything up and running is astonishing. So much power!

Finished all four passes in about 90 hours with no errors. So that's good. Like @gigabit said, might have been a bad connection somewhere.

Just finishing up some cable management stuff, then going to install Fedora 24 Server probably tomorrow. Still waiting on some drive rails, though.

1 Like

Hello everybody!

My name is Michael Biglen.
I am the Service Manager at NATEX.us
I am sorry you are having any issue with kits purchased from us.
One thing I would like to say is that we really appreciate everyone out there willing to help people who purchase our products and this thread alone be-stills some serious tech love to those in need.
The top issue we have with people not being able to boot is the quality of the Power Supply.
I have had 1200w Thermaltake not provide enough power to the CPU's that it throws the same codes as an actual bad board. I have had 550w P/S do the continuous reboot at 110v, but works smooth like butter with 220v.
People have tried to run the motherboard on the anti-static bag, or a grounded anti-static mat (that person I never heard from again)
On our site we have my personal cell phone for tech support on the products we have sold and no one should ever feel like we aren't there!
Please, gigabit, if your issue hasn't been resolved; call me I'll get it taken care of.