Intel or amd!

ok so i want to build a pc and cant decided on the cpu. it would either be....

intel:

i5-4670k

MSI Z87-GD65

MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC

amd:

fx-8350

ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0

MSI Gaming N760 TF 2GD5/OC

also they will both be in a fractal design define r4

kingston hyperX black 2x 4gb

samsung evo 120gb ssd

and corsair hx750 power supply

im kinda stuck now cuz i cant decide which one. and also if u got a better motherboard  or memory at the same price point for either one.

Depends on what you use the computer for.

If you have a lot of single threaded apps, go with Intel.

If the majority of the apps you use are multi-threaded, or you are streaming, go with AMD.

well it will be for gaming and running a plex media server so video converting and processing. also some photoshop and the like but mostly gaming.

Go the AMD version. If you are happy to overclock save some money and grab the 8320 and ramp it up, will perform roughly the same as the 8350 for less money. If not overclocking or wanting a bit more extreme stick to the 8350.

I have that motherboard, it is super beast mode if you don't need more than 2 cards. It's a good balance between performance and price.

Yeah, I would go AMD for your purposes.

i was also leaning towards the amd abit because of the the new ps4 and xbox one also have octo cores that more games would start supporting all 8 cores.

i was also thinking of doing a small overclock to the 8350 but from what i seen it can get pretty hot would air cooling cut it or should i go with a closed loop?

You can overclock as long as you get a aftermarket cooler.

Depends on how much you want to spend.

For mild OCs, the Hyper 212 Evo is a great option at ~$30

For higher overclocks, the Noctua NH-d14 is an awesome cooler if your case can fit it.  ~$80-90

Then higher up, we have coolers like the H100i and the H110.  Small all in one liquid cooling solutions aren't worth it performance-wise, unless your case has limitations.  These are usually $100+

i was looking at the hyper 212 evo but i was thinking of the Cooler Master GeminII S524 because how the fan is mounted and that it would look a bit cooler lol

also i was looking for for some fans. i ws looking at corsairs af140 for some nice airflow and the sp120 for the heatsink but are they worth the higher price compared to other fans? im looking for quiet good performing fans.

SP120 high performance fans are pretty good.  AF140s are optimized for airflow, not static pressure.  You want static pressure.  The AF140 may move more air, but when you're dealing with heatsinks and radiators, you need the "force" to push the air through the rad/hs.

Noctua PWM fans are great and quiet.

The Cooler Master GeminII S524 is low profile.  It won't cool as well as the Hyper 212 Evo, but it's great for small boxes with space limitations.  I wouldn't go with it if you can fit a more tower like cooler.

dude. he said he was gonna use the SP120's for the heatsink. I assume that means he's gonna use the AF 140's for case fans, where static pressure means diddly squat.

hell, for case fans, the bigger the better, I use 200mm fans mostly, myself.

Ah, oops.  I read too quickly.

WAIT WHERES THE GPU??!!? 
EDIT: nvm 

lol i would like to get 200m fans but they wound not fit in the r4 so no go there but yea im gonna get the evo and put some sp 120's on them and use the af140's for the case.

or the cooler Master Hyper N520, for the cooler. which would be better? i dont know if the different layout of the cooler would even help cool it?

I would say go with the FX 8350 as those extra cores will help allot when converting video files. They will also help in future games as they are going to be more mutly threaded.

I don't like mid range coolers.  They usually aren't worth the extra premium.

Which is why I suggest you get the budget Hyper 212 Evo(highly documented and loved by many) if you're on a budget.

The Noctua Nh-D14 is a high performing air cooler which is quiet and can outperform many AIOs.  This is a more expensive option.

good point. ill stick with the evo then 

1. Noctua NH-D14
  2. Phanteks PH-TC14PE
  3. xigmatek darknight hawk II
  4. Phanteks PH-TC12DX
  5. Noctua NH-U9B SE2

List of decent aircoolers.