Intel Haswell-E, X99 w/ DDR4

But it still has an high-end iGPU. I would think for a part like that, they would put a weaker iGPU in if not one at all. Shouldnt parts like that be using high-end dGPUs?

They'll probably be using the same dies as the rest of the i-series processors, they'll just be taking the highest binned ones for the i7. If they aren't using the same dies they'd probably be using the Xeon dies, and even some Xeons have an iGPU.

At the same time though, I guess the Iris Pro graphics are actually half decent. Nothing like a mid-tier or above dedicated graphics card, but certainly good enough for simpler games and general use.

The thing I'm looking forward to most is the Pentium Anniversary Edition, it is probably going to be right in my budget

Because AMDs IGPs in general are more powerfull than intels, I assume these gains in performance come from utilizing the GPU to perform parellel tasks, not serial one....

mainstream, as in normal i5 users? =D

that is pretty sweet. i will be able to build my first PC in November, so that is a nice option. however, im kind of thinking i should hold out a few more months an wait to see what Broadwell can offer @_@

that certainly depends. Intel is rocketing into the sky for each generation with their IGP.

It will be for heavier SIMD, that potentially could scale onto many cores with little performance lose.

Yeah, when I thought about it I realized i5s fall into the high end mainstream market.

If I remember correctly, then the Pentium Anniversary Edition may be "around" 100 or 125 USD.