Intel H610 memory channel question

I’m looking at an ITX board, the Gigabyte H610I DDR4. As an ITX board, it only has 2 memory slots, as usual.

I looked at that old intel marketing slide for H610 and it states that memory channels supported: 1

The Toms article later shows in a table that H610 supports 2 channels, but only 1 DIMM per channel.

I’m not sure how “channels” work, but Gigabyte states on the specs page that this board does indeed run in dual channel mode. Does that mean that since this is a 2 memory slot board, that 1 DIMM per channel still applies? And it would only be a problem if the board had 4 slots?

I have a 12100F lying around and I think this board would be ideal for a small system build (found one used, price for new is meh), since it doesn’t have any “bloat”. The PCIe slot gets the good gen4 lanes from the CPU and there’s not much need for anything else really.

It’s dual channel, apparently it’s confused other people - https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/rzss61/h610_memory_channel_confusion/.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.