Intel FUBAR ... again - Kernel memory leak in nearly every Intel CPU of the last decade (Spectre hits everyone, Meltdown still Intel exclusive)

That would have been a nice abbreviation.

AMD could definitely take advantage of that for marketing purposes.

Protect yourself from Intel FUCKWIT. #AMDRyzen

3 Likes

Intel FUCKWIT causes your cpu to be 5-30% slower. AMD Ryzen is still going at full speed

1 Like

Well Lord Wendell did talk about this for the last 2 years… Finally came out like the “hollywood” pedo & sexual assault rings.

Did he? I don’t recall.

I know there was a memory read exploit with JS earlier this year that seemed similar to this…

I got bored… so I made this:

6 Likes

So x299 is now melting in more ways than one :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It’s actually a feature.

You can’t have compromised security if your CPU literally self destructs

Back on the overclocking = security thought process, huh?

Physical hole in the motherboard negates any security holes?

1 Like

bios update appears to make something of a difference as well, per this anecdote: https://np.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7obokl/performance_impact_of_windows_patch_and_bios/

Gonna wait for more testing.

Also wouldn’t worry about the minimum FPS drops in RoTR.

That benchmark is horrid

That is cool I guess

Here is fun piece :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So since Microsoft pushed an emergency update on Windows 10, has anyone worked out how to prove whether or not the fix is implemented? I’m talking for the sake of people with AMD Ryzen chips who should not have to receive the fix though received the update anyway.

Yes there is a way…

Thought about exactly that since the official papers came out. But I thought what if Intel gets sued to hell for this? Open source X86? … just a dream. :wink:

Also worked a bit more on that logo. Now I really like it.P
Gonna put it in the first post. Because I can. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The Windows Patch doesn’t affect AMD. It works the same way the the upcoming Linux AMD patch does.

Well, supposedly that is, since we can’t look at the source for obvious reasons.

Found this fur in the tubes, thought it fit here.

7 Likes

Nah, those look SHIT!

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My main machine with an x5650 does support PCID. So that does confirm that Westmere has PCID. PHEW!

Edit- link to Imgur higher res capture- https://i.imgur.com/gK71jhj.png

2 Likes