Intel equivalent to 8350?

The intel cpu closest that has performance to the fx-8350 is the i7 2600k!

here we go again..... OP read reviews and judge for yourself.

The newest Intel "K" CPUs (4690K and 4790K) support VT-d and are overclockable. 

If we are talking about gaming, most CPUs are comparable. An i3 can perform similarly to an i5. So any high-end CPU will be fine. Whether it is an i5, or an 8350. The GPU does most of the work.

This is kind of hard. I would say the i7 but AMD architecture uses a module design so that every two cores are sharing things like the Floating Point Unit, IO controller and L2. This helps alot with highly threaded tasks. I guess the best way to look at it is AMD is kind of like hyper threading. But instead of every two threads going to the same core each thread had a core attached to it.

Intel has much stronger cores that can execute more operations at lower clock cycles. This is why single threaded performance is better with intel. To help improve more threads they use hyper threading. Here I will let Linus explain:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnS50lJicXc

So in concussion with AMD modules just like hyper threading to get the most out of the processor requires good process scheduling. Right now most games still use big fat single threads. So you may see a FPS boost using Intel with those games. And some single thread tasks may not  be very fat at all so will run the same on AMD. I have even seen an i7 under perform from an i5 because the single thread task was so high. As soon as you disable hyper threading on the i7 it runs the same. The kicker to all of this is with the new consoles using AMD modules will help speed the learning curve for programmers to schedule there process tasks instead of being lazy and dumping them all in one place. And as that happens well also see an improvement in game that support hyper theading as well. 

I hope this helps with this subject. 

^Great explanation right there. 

The real answer to this question is: there is no answer. AMD and Intel architectures are so different from each other that they cannot be directly compared based on number of cores/threads, clock speeds etc. The only way to compare is by performance in specific programs/apps/games. In some tasks, the i3 is equivalent. In other tasks, the i7 is closer. In gaming, the i5 is most similar (overall). So it really depends on what you're doing, specifically, to say which is "equivalent".