Literally listed my kernel version in my post, 6.1+ works fine
Don’t pass through audio
Don’t pass through audio
I have an A770 Predator Bifrost 16G if that helps
Literally listed my kernel version in my post, 6.1+ works fine
Don’t pass through audio
Don’t pass through audio
I have an A770 Predator Bifrost 16G if that helps
I meant on what hardware…
Anyway I have the card running on an X11SPL-F with Proxmox 8.1 and no problems whatsoever.
The configuration doesn’t seem to matter much, it works with multifunction, just the GPU and GPU and audio separately and a VBIOS copy is not necessary
Getting a bit off topic.
Has there been any other updates as to unlocking SR-IOV?
on Unraid you can add an custom kernel for using it in Dockers and if you dont pass trough the sound bit you can use the card in an VM without any problems.
you are going on topic with hat question and i would ask the same.
Since I can’t post links, you can find the Flex 170 VBIOS from Cisco files by googling “ucs-c240m7-huu-4.3.2.230270.iso” (need to register).
After downloading, you will find “XPUM_ATS_M150_512_C0_ES_106_gfx_DG02_1.3260_fwupdate.bin” (886kiB) and “pldm_ats_m_amc_v_6_7_0_0.bin” (227kiB).
For Dell, I found AMC Firmware 6.4.0.0 for Flex 140, eventhough the driver page claims support for Flex 170 aswell (Dell driver ID “gdyjj”).
@oppa the Dell File in this zip the Cisco support page is an cluster F*ck how did you mange to navigate to an Download, did you register an fake Firm? Did you get the download link over the Cart option?
Flex140 Dell Bios
https://www.dell.com/support/home/de-de/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=gdyjj
pldm_sg2_amc_v_6_4_0_0.zip (225.1 KB)
Flex170 Files from Cisco
https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286331842/type/283850974/release/4.3(2.230270)
6.7.0.0.zip (2.0 MB)
Is obtaining the firmware files themselves where we’ve been struggling? I thought they were included in the Windows driver package for the Flex on the Intel website.
The Cisco ISO is here: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286331842/type/283850974/release/4.3(2.230270)
As far as I understand it, yes. There were no files mentioned or posted here, even after users asking for it. For a hack which is rumored to be a crossflash, I thought we needed to tackle this first.
According to TPU guide, there are 3 firmware parts: Main FW payload, Oprom Data and Oprom Config. Main FW and Oprom Config are both shipped with Intel Flex Drivers, but Oprom Data is not. Intel’s Flex 170 driver release notes state you need to ask your OEM for IFWI updates:
This driver release requires Intel® Data Center GPU Flex Series Firmware (IFWI) to be updated to the latest version (If you are unsure - please consult your system original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and request the steps necessary to update to respective firmware)
The Oprom Data is 1MB, so the 889kiB of the extracted firmware file above fits the bill. From here on, it’s a bit of a trial and error. Next steps:
+1 have this card and trying to get it to passthru vgpu.
just dont passtrough the sound device and it will reboot just fine.
I’m still hopeful about unlocking SR-IOV on the A770, has anyone learnt anymore?
Here’s hoping that it works on alternative models, just came across this one
Not sure if this tool helps with the cross-flashing but came across it on TechPowerUp forums. GitHub - Solaris17/ARC-Firmware-Tool: Wrapper for IGSC
This might just be a GUI wrapper and no different than the CLI igsc updater.
Commenting to stay informed, but I guess the question for me is go for the ~$200 Tesla P40 in a hyper-v environment now, or wait for an a770 guide? Who am I kidding, I’ll probably do both anyway.
dont wanna “enrich” this thread too much with my brabble, sorry…,
but a Tesla P40 will still not SR-IOV without Nvidia’s costly blessing, right?
just not to miss the plot twist… ![]()
More hints in the new video: https://youtu.be/tLK_i-TQ3kQ?si=Dh5ssdwWz_LNsfcp&t=797
https://youtu.be/tLK_i-TQ3kQ?si=PPKdINAVD-IUAVMD&t=1018 “so we don’t accidentally have like 30 [virtual functions]”
I wonder if Wendell isn’t waiting with providing details, so that this can be a bit blessed by Intel, instead of hacky cross-flashing.
I thought it works with windows hyper-v. You have to use a windows host though which is I think why it’s completely ignored. I don’t even think it’s nvidia locked, unless a lot has changed recently.
As long as it’s in WDDM mode; or that’s my understanding. Teslas usually ship with TCC by default which disables Windows graphics. That’s your first hurdle. Whether it actually works under Hyper-V is another story.
CC: @lb4
Tesla P40 or any pascal cards are almost done with it’s software support. We can use the vGPU functionality if we stay with kernel 6.x I believe.
Check this out in Nvidia’s latest vGPU driver documentation - https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/17.0/whats-new-vgpu/index.html
And this support table - https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/gpus-supported-by-vgpu.html
I own couple of tesla P4 which I purchase sometime last year for around 80 USD fo mainly running windows VMs. We can still use it until the vGPU Software version 16 supports ends in 2026 - https://docs.nvidia.com/grid/16.0/index.html
Does anyone have any feedback on this? Any success? I have an A770 incoming so keen on everyone else’s results