Intel 8086K

Intel is giving away 8086 of these away for free as part of the 40th anniversary of the original 8086.
Has it really been that long?

2nd article suggests retail may be about 425 bucks, but I would expect this to be much more.
Anyone who owned the original IBM PC is gonna want one.
Feel free to post any combo deal
Buy cpu and MB get a free case of Depends :slight_smile:
Another company also made these under contract, no word on their plans.
R9-8087 anniversary GPU to match?

2 Likes

It’s a binned 8700K. Shouldn’t cost much more than one.

1 Like

hope it comes with a free motherboard… and ram

Oh that’s nice… Shame AMD got there first and with two more cores, though no iGPU.

I do wonder what the over clocking possibilities will be. If this is an 8700k binned and turboing to 5ghz it has to be practically tapped out for headroom. Putting the over clocking all over the advertising is just a buzz word really. Though they would never dare not release this without over clocking abilities. Have to wait and see.

Your talking about the 9590? Man that thing still didn’t have multi threading. I still have mine and I love it for the sentimental value. I shortly replaced it with a 5820k.

1 Like

I am and there is some joking in it. Just poking them with an old stick. Kicking them while AMD are actually doing well.

Who knows if the record will stand?

A famous race car driver said: “Second place just means your the first one to lose”

That 9590 will definitely be a collectors item. Wounder what the 8086k’s packaging will look like, threadripper sure made a splash

Just because I got it recommended.

1 Like

That reminds me we had a guy here who was into LN2
Was just looking at GN and they have this thing to get rid of the thermos bottle and reuse some of the LN2
I think he started a thread about getting into LN2 and the basic set up is around 200

I think if my wife awoke and saw me downstairs pouring LN2 into a cpu block she would freak and call Homeland security
“You complain about me having to many shoes and you just blew 200 bucks on what?”