My computer was running just fine for almost two months now. Today I tried to install another 1tb NVMe SSD.
I went into the BIOS to check the boot order. Ended up turning on XMP and virtualization as well. This caused boot loop with the BIOS and keyboard inputs freaking out.
- BIOS was on F3. I tried clearing CMOS and reseating both SSD.
- Ended up flashing new BIOS. So I am now on F6b.
It’s working normally I believe, I haven’t changed anything from default except Boot Order.
I still cannot boot into Windows.
I have tried:
- a Linux boot USB and checked the primary SSD is still accessible.
- a Windows boot USB to try to “Repair Startup” option.
- booting with only the one NVMe SSD.
- changing the M.2 slot from A to B on the board.
My long weekend is ruined, I have no idea what my next steps are. I am afraid of having to install Windows and all my software all over again. Is there anything you would suggest?
At this point I am unsure if I should install Windows on the Silicon Power drive and use the WD drive as the secondary.
Any help is appreciated. Please let me know what other information I can provide.
Aorus X570 Ultra
GSkill 32GB RAM
1 3TB HDD, 1 2TB HDD
WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD - Gen3 PCIe, M.2 2280, 3D NAND, Up to 3470 MB/s - WDS100T3X0C
Silicon Power 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 TLC R/W up to 3,400/3,000MB/s SSD (SU001TBP34A80M28AB)