Installation Level 1 - Halo PC multiplyer (ElDewrito/Halo Online)

Spartans @redgek and @TeckMonster ready to serve UNSC

Hey there! Like Halo? Wanna play it with fellow L1T forum members?
There’s a Halo 3 based PC game/mod you can play right now! It’s called ElDewrito. @TeckMonster and I tried its latest build and it looks pretty great. Seems stable and playable. So we thought maybe some other forum members wanna try it out and play together. The game allows to set up dedicated servers, has forge and custom game modes.

What is ElDewrito?

ElDewrito is a community-made mod for Halo Online, a cancelled free Halo 3 derived PC game for the Russian market. It allows the game to be played in player-hosted servers and aims to restore removed features, fix bugs and glitches, and add mod support.

https://eldewrito.com

It’s feels like Halo 3 but has some Halo 4 models and elements to it, the mod let’s you toggle and customize it to your liking. (Like enabling/disabling sprint)

How?

1. You need to own Halo Online 1.106708 ms23 (It was free to play, and got canceled, so use your imagination)
  2. Download the updater from https://eldewrito.com
  3. Place the updater in the game folder and update the game with the mod.
  4. Play!

Where to play?

There are public servers and you can join them and play. But some forum members sometimes host their own server, here’s the list:

Server Host Server Name Server Password Location Modes
@TeckMonster L1 TECHS none Idaho, US Classic

PM me or write here to add your server to the list.

gek squad

Join us or get gekked.

2 Likes

This is a video of Redgek and I playing a match from my view just to give you guys somewhat of an idea of what to expect.
Don’t expect any mad skills here… actually I’m pretty bad, but it’s still a lot of fun.

Direct video link

Edit: @oldgek mentioned the video doesn’t work on Firefox with tracking protection on.

1 Like

8 days

I played it for a little. All the good servers are euro though so my ping is like 160+

1 Like

Any idea how this runs with wine? Might have to give this a go

1 Like

No clue but I would guess it could work. I believe it’s all dx9. Might have to do some tweaking.

I’ll look into that.

3 Likes

We can start a sever here in the US.

Not to say it would get/be good, but when we made one early we ended up with 6 people in it pretty quickly, and that was great IMO.

1 Like

Just watched that vid. Man you guys took a beating. Looked way more fun on my end :smiley:

1 Like

There were 4-5 full (16 player) servers when we played.

1 Like

I just got my new HBA card. Tomorrow when I have free time I have the resources to run a sever. (US-East)

3 Likes

I have played this game several versions ago, so I’m familiar with it.

When I played it and loaded up some of the old halo 3 maps I had a huge nostalgia bomb.

2 Likes

I only played older Halo:CE MP. And Halo:CE and 2 SP on PC. Played 3, Reach and 4 on 360, but I hacked my 360, so no Live for me.

2 Likes

I actually started out at Halo 2. It wasn’t until about a year of so later that I fished Halo CE out of a dumpster bin at my uncles house and kept it.

Shiiiiit that was over a decade ago.

2 Likes

I never played 3. Ce and 2 were my jam. Then I got into pc and never got to play the rest.

2 Likes

This is your chance to play it. :wink:

They are similar.

1 Like

Halo 3 on a 360 circa 2007-8 was the time to be alive.

xblive had most of the kinks taken out and it was where I spent most of my childhood.

The xbox golden years IMO. At least thats how I remember it.

3 Likes

I remember all the machinimas tho. I lived halo 3 through them back in the day.

Got the 360 way later.

1 Like

Ahh yeah, and the fails of the week with RoosterTeeth.

Oh and Red vs Blue, I need to rewatch those.

1 Like

I missed Rooster Theeth, but back then Machinima channel wasn’t a pile of shit. :smiley: And had great creators posting there.

I need to check that, heard so much good stuff.

2 Likes