Initial Thoughts on the Logi G602 Wireless Optcical Mouse

Its been years since my main line mouse was optical, but prior to getting my G700s all I had were those pack in IBM optical mice. Aside from my kensington proball of course. But I was used to Optical behaviour from years of play with them and the switch to laser was one to get used to. My opinion is that if you need the snap accuracy and don’t like mouse acceleration in your games, buy a laser mouse. Personally I didn’t think I was going to snap back into old vibes with my 602 here, but I got it, set it to 1000 dpi at 250 poll rate (just like my original mice were programed to), and set my acceleration settings in TF2 and CS, and bam off I went bhoping and rocket jumping.

I was extremely surprised at how my hand slapped back into the movements. Acceleration on a laser feels VERY different opposed to a laser. Laser mice CAN do acceleration, but they are better for linear tracking. Optical settings CAN do linear, but are better for Acceleration. Thats pretty much the differences.

With that, those differences have been enough to throw me off. So to roll back onto optical and have my aim go even more accurate than I have trained it is…. Well…. Weird.

Over the next few weeks I’m going to see how much my old reflexes kick back in, compare it to my G600 and Elecom Trackball, and try out different tests.

Over all opinion of the feel of the mouse? Its not as nice of a body as the G600. Its multiple parts making up the body that creak, rather than being one bigc molded object like the G700s its obviously designed to follow up, and the bright silvel plastic feels…. Cheap. But for 40 bucks it has an awesome sensor, though limited in programming, no RGB, which I think is a plus, and the buttons are more distinguishable that the G600 or G700s. Though I will say, its not as robust. And that does worry me some. But, I assume that if streamers buy these to play with for a years worth of 10 hour streams then… Hell it can’t be that bad?

When my G600 died, I lost faith in Logitech.

The G600 made sense. It had a lot of buttons that were easy to find (at least for me, but I used that thing a lot), it had a cable (so no battery changing) and 4 mouse buttons (which is good when you don´t want to use the mouse wheel as button 3).

And then there is the G602. The buttons are spread everywhere, there is a mouse button missing and the idea of 24/7 use without battery change did not make it to prototype stage, it seems.

I considered the G602 as replacement for my G600, then noticed the above. Never actually used it.

I would call it a G700s clone. If you can find one try one out for a while and you’ll see why they are what they are.

And while I would think the 600 series would all be related… Its logitech. The 3D Pro Flight Stick has literally been made for almost 15 years and they’re still trash.

I’m satisfied with my 602. It’s the mouse on my daily driver PC. I like the feel of it in my hand and I adjusted the DPI so that It doesn’t take much movement at all to scroll back n forth across a 34 UW screen, I’ve had it for a year and have only replaced the batteries once. Granted I am not gaming much on this PC. I have a 403 wireless on my game PC but again I’m not competitive or playing online pvp titles. I’m 54 years old - I like City Skylines, Sub Nautica and my Ghost-Recon Wildlands in solo campaign that’s a bout it :slight_smile: I don’t need much of a mouse…