Indian Samsung galaxy A9 (2018) Is this a quad band phone?

Im wondering if this phone is quad band so that it would work anywhere in the world on any carrier. I realy want the 8Gb ram version unsure why this model is India only. Planning to import it to Norway.
Thanks in advance.

I guess not many people check the mobile tech tag.

I’m not sure if many people really have an answer for this. While it’s possible that the radios are compatible, I’m not willing to guarantee that the phone will work on carriers in Norway. I’m not familiar with the carriers there and what bands etc they use. Does the phone say anything about working internationally? If not, I would be very skeptical.

This is probably due to the popularity of mobile gaming in India.

1 Like

Should be a spec sheet on it on the manufacture site i would guess, you could also call your mobile provider and ask, but yeas there area few phone people but mostly main stream stuff.

“LTE Cat.9”

but if you download some spec sheets will will tell you more and you can compare what your provider has in terms of frequencies

Probably, though looking at the bands, you would find yourself without full speed on some american carriers

definitely not, though american carriers have gotten better about bringing your own phone, just because a band is supported by the phone doesnt mean the backend networking will accept the phone. YMMV

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a9_(2018)-9344.php

Some phones are also carrier locked, that’s important to consider.

None issue for OP

If your buying it direct from manufacturer it is not (thats some US shit)

1 Like

they said anywhere in the world on any carrier.

would probably still work just not lte speeds(so like 3g or 2g) Havent seen many that dont work at all, most of the time its like 4g doesn’t work etc

Thats basically what I said though I did verify some bands of LTE are supported, just not all. :+1:

@anon46267848 would probably know the most since he actually traveled here.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/models/GNNoe/samsung-sm-a9000-galaxy-a9-2016-duos-td-lte

Something seems off here. It shows bands not supported that GSM arena shows the phone has but maybe theres more to it.

Shows B20 (800)

Says B20 (800) not supported

either way 2 of 3 is still pretty good

Thats for both of the carriers listed in norway for that site btw

The answer to your title is no.
Calling something quad band is pretty meaningless IMHO.
Do what Adubs did, check the frequencies and bands supported and match it to the countries you need.

USA is shit when it comes to LTE and so is most of Asia.