In Store Keyboard Demo?

Hello all,

I am looking to buy my first mechanical keyboard and I want to tryout all (or as many as I can) of the cherry mx switches. I know the basics of how each one works, but I haven't been able to physically touch any of them yet. Does anyone know of a store where I can go in and play around with one?

Thanks,

Sord

You can buy MX switch sampler kits. Otherwise, you're just gonna have to go to a store and ask.

Any electronics or computer store should have some on display, but you might not be able to find every switch. It could take some searching around to find every one, and you just might flat out not be able to find any green switch keyboards on display.

Cooler Master will supply you with a keyboards switch sample which will give you six different types of switches to play around with and see which one you prefer. I'm not exactly sure where to get them though, so you might have to call Cooler Master's customer service line and have them send you one.

It looks like this: http://lanoc.org/review/input-devices/6663-picking-your-keyboard-key-switch

Thanks!

If they don't have any on display you can just open a box and push a few keys. When I was shopping for my keyboard I noticed about a third of the boxes were opened for that very reason. Although, if you're going to buy an opened keyboard, make sure it;s the correct keyboard and that all the keys work before buying.