In need of some Linux install help

Iv decided to switch over to linux for daily driving and only use windows for gaming but iam being hit by a small problem i keep running into when installing no matter what distro i try i get the same errors. my hardware is listed below along with a pic of my problem.
Asus Hero IV mobo with ryzen 1700x
Gtx 1070
Corsair k95 keyboard
Logitech g502 mouse

As my problem seems to be usb related i was wondering if it was my mouse or keyboard but there pretty common models so surly they should be fine with linux ?

Go to bios, usb configuration,
USB debugging must be disabled
Save and Exit.
Problem Solved.

could be faulty keyboard/mouse. unplug and check

2 Likes

Ill try debugging first thanks

What did you use to make the usb bootable drive? I have had issues with some tools, rufus is the best imo. I would try to recreate the drive using that tool if you didnt use it the first time.

Yeh i did do it with Rufus

Do you have another mouse and keyboard you could try?

Could also try to boot with the keyboard and not the mouse, and see if the message pops up and vice versa.

1 Like

Assuming you tried USB3 and USB 2 ports on the back, also checked the drive for bad sectors on the drive. Do yo have secure boot disabled

I would attempt to boot without a keyboard or mouse plugged in and see if it boots. Then if it boots try plugging in your keyboard and mouse. That should rule out any keyboard or mouse problem. Also remove any USB devices other than your flashdrive you are booting from.

2 Likes

Yep well its the keyboard as i have a thermaltakethe tower the usb for main board come with extensions i gonna try pluging in without the after some more research its definitely a usb power error

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Micro stutter on fresh manjaro install with nvidia