In-game Photography

Cheers, got it working and here's some shots I got with CeeJay's Monochrome and Ganossa's Bloom. I'm happy with the results, gonna mess with other shaders.

:

1 Like

@fuzzydicesuffice
Hey, way to go, although, since you are using a black n white effect you might as well go for Sin City by MartyMcFly. the gore shots and explosion should look nice. Also, be weary if the game doesn't allow depth buffer access some Reshade effects such as Depth of Field and Ambient Occlusion won't work, so it's a game by game and experimentation.

Also, If you do want some base settings to work with there are preset the community share online:
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/79/

I actually like this one, reminds of old Windows for some reason.

1 Like

All three of them are what we used to call "Enhanced Screenies". There was a group of us in MxO who used to take screenshots and make them pretty in photoshop. The originals look very different, except ironically the one you liked hahaha. The effect in that was is mostly because of one of the Halloween events that made everything dark and foggy and the moon huge.

Recent closed beta of Riders of Icarus .

The recent announcement of Skyrim Remaster has inspired me to get back to modding old Skyrim, and so with that comes along new shoots.

Ver.1, I like this one the most.

Ver.2, Same shot but I played around with DoF.

edit: My current mod list.

Thought I'd post some screenshots I took with my bf4 reshade preset in the bf1 beta. It seems their quality degraded somewhat when I uploaded them, but they're still good enough.
A bit of a necro I guess, but I'd rather post here than start a whole new thread. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Here are a few of the better ones

This ones taken with a bit more sharpening and some slight desaturation as well as a higher 'black-point'.

Similar shot without any modifcations to the original preset.

few more in here.
http://imgur.com/a/g2Fzs

2 Likes

The post process filters in Reshade you've used gives it an analogue effect, like someone took a photo of a print. Kinda nice.

Some nice Mad Max

1 Like

F1 2012

I am an F1 FANatic. When I heard they were building a track in Austin I said to myself "There will only be One First race. You have to be there." And I was. Sitting near Turn 8 I got to watch my champion Lewis Hamilton come from behind to win. The icing on the cake was seeing Mario Andretti handing out Stetsons and trophies. I was racing today and got the shot I could not 4 years ago.

I was sitting under the 'A' in formula at the RED +
It's not a very interesting photo though...sigh

I'm playing around with symmetrical shapes in the last mission in Dishonored. Enhanced the colors using Reshade 2.0, and used 110 FOV in-game.

Skyrim

Crysis 3

1 Like

I realize this is a necro, but there is no need to start a new thread.

Has anyone else tried ANSEL?

I was eagerly waiting for Nvidia ANSEL and was disappointed when I learned it does not work with every game. I got The Witcher 3 a few weeks ago and just remembered it is one of the few titles that support ANSEL. This is my first try so it's not great, but it's still impressive.

standard screenshot 24 bit JPEG. = 335 KB
Ugh... I just noticed Geralt has a tree growing out of his head. Photography 101 No No.

ANSEL - 4x 1920x1080, High Dynamic Range, 32 bit RAW. = 388,868 KB - 1000x more info.
Interesting how the smaller resolution has a larger file size = 441 KB, even though they are both the same JPEG settings.

First, one can move the camera independent of your character. Then you adjust the virtual 'SLR' camera. Finally you set the render parameters. You can make the image as large as 33x your screen size for a humongous MegaGigaByte file size. Seriously, it was insane! The RAW image seemed way overexposed but that just gave me more room to adjust the levels, they still don't look quite right. Maybe over-saturated? When I was done I shrunk / cropped it and saved it as an 8 bit JPEG.

1 Like

The forum automatically edits linked and uploaded images to a shitty compressed quality. Hyperlink the original source url to the edited image.

I'd love to see the original quality, although, I don't have an HDR monitor, but then again Witcher 3 isn't rendered in HDR. It would make more sense on a game like Mass Effect Andromeda which does support HDR.

I am a graphic designer and I am aware of this. That is why I always reduce the image sizes in Photoshop to fit this forum's max file size of 700KB or 700 pixel wide or 500 pixels tall (larger than that sometimes cuts off my memes until one clicks on it).

That doesn't matter because ANSEL seems to render in HDR outside of the game engine. Maybe that is why ANSEL only works in games that are written to support it? I don't have a HDR monitor either but I can still see a huge improvement in quality. When it is creating the image I could see that ANSEL rendered 48 tiles and then stitched them together before saving. It looks a little bit bright as I mentioned previously. Here is a link to the un-edited image.
The Witcher 3 ANSEL - 7680 x 4320 - HDR "raw exr"

I had to save it as a 16 bit max quality 24MB JPEG instead of 32 bit RAW. My max image size is 40MB so the 220MB TIFF or 122 MB PNG wouldn't upload. I did not change the resolution or adjust the levels like one would normally do with a RAW image.

Pay particular attention to the woman in the green dress in the foreground. In the screenshot her dress looks like a muddy dark green shape. In ANSEL HDR one can see that the dress is stained and has a shadow on it.

Warning! Image dump.

watch_dogs 2

Dragon Age Inqusition

Fallout 4

Arma 3

5 Likes

I have quite a bit.

5 Likes

That last one with the Griffin is excellent!